Dripping ceramic disc kitchen mixer tap - can they be repaired?

malkiserow

On ‎27‎/‎05‎/‎2015 at 20:53, fenboy said:

The person who invented ceramic disc tap valves should be flogged with a sprig of holly , they are nothing but a pain in the ****

Her and the person who invented modern toilet flushes!! :mad: Oh how I pine for the old ballcock systems where you just changed a threpenny washer if it dripped. :mad:

One of mine started to drip. Took  the whole fitting out. had it "the fitting" in my hand and went online to that auction site. lots to choose from and you have to get it right of course but ordered a pair "hot/cold" £6.50 delivered. you do need a calliper when sorting out which one.

Job done.

What you need to do is soak them in petrol and set fire to them I had a pair of bath taps sold to me with the words these will never leak or wear out eventually both things happened by the time I had finished trying to repair them I was ready to put the sledge hammer through the bath just to get some new taps take the advice of previous replys and buy some new ones hopefully with old fashioned washers. 

On 09/08/2020 at 08:48, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, as someone who's fixed loads of leaking taps and water pipes I have never heard of a ceramic type taps, I still have a set of tap reamers and rubber washers

Yes the old washer type were easy to repair cheaply . pitted faces tap reamers and there you were done and dusted.

Blackpowder