Eley Fiocchi

post-64286-0-04387700-1432891358_thumb.jpg

If Eley say they make their stuff in the UK and Fiocchi say they make their stuff in Italy......Why do some of my Eley 410 trap shells have Fiocchi stamped on the brass?

Even if they are produced under the same roof, this is a basic oversight. If I can't trust them not to mix the brass up, how can I trust them not to mix the powders or measures up. When I'm setting explosives off inches from my face I like to think someone has given their full attention to every detail of the production and this doesn't give me that confidence.

It will all be fiocci hulls, even the eley stamped ones. Chances are Eley ran out of stock of the 'eley' stamped brass and needed some more from Fiocci, but Fiocci don't hold stock of Eley stamped brass- just their own. Since brass stamping (and other metal parts machining) is a line setup intensive process, it wouldn't make sense to run a small production load so Eley just took Fiocci stamped hulls.

thanks,

rick

Guest cookoff013

&&0

If Eley say they make their stuff in the UK and Fiocchi say they make their stuff in Italy......Why do some of my Eley 410 trap shells have Fiocchi stamped on the brass?

Maxam (the owners of eley hawk do not sell or make .410 hulls, so therefore the hulls are fiocchi, bought by maxam sent to eley and loaded.)

Even if they are produced under the same roof, this is a basic oversight. If I can't trust them not to mix the brass up, how can I trust them not to mix the powders or measures up. When I'm setting explosives (propellents in an energy limited capacity) off inches from my face I like to think someone has given their full attention to every detail of the production and this doesn't give me that confidence.

you know what happend? probably they ran out of eley head stamp and fulfilled the order with the exact same fiocchi hulls. those primers look like fiocchi ones.

i wouldnt say basic oversight, i wouldnt ever stop a production run for something silly like that. especially a low production, high value product such as the .410

maxam only publish one 36ga / .410 load and i think it is a trap load.

Interesting especially considering Eley is just one small part of a company much bigger than Fiocchi, why would they use a fiocchi hull rather than sourcing from within there own company!

I'd be surprised if Eley are anywhere near Fiocchi in cartridge terms, pretty sure the latter make all their own components and supply a good proportion of the other makes.

Hamster look up Maxam Outdoors, that's who Eley is, they are a Spanish company, their brands are Eley, Rio, Caledonian Cartridges, Melior, GB, SAGA, Vinci, Venatum. They make their own components, but they also make their own powders, something even Fiocchi don't. The company is huge but the cleverly have brands unique to the country they trade in rather than being a global brand like Fiocchi. They even own a lead recycling company, reclaiming lead from battery's and other sources to make their own shot, another sub company called Evervalue

I don't think the lead recycling ever got off the ground, it was UK registered and was dormant for years. The only components Eley Hawk make are the 1/2" Kleena Wads and some lead shot. They're just a small loading company under the control of Maxam Outdoors.