what's the best gun for waterfowl

alros01

• 1 month later...

For me it has to be the SBE2. I have a Beretta, Winchester SX3, Benelli M2 and SBE2 semi autos. The SBE2 is absolutely perfect for Wildfowling and I certainly don't know why people cry about the recoil, as I put the hardest hitting shells through it with no recoil issues.

The M2 and SBE2 are lighter and far more pointable compared to equivalent beretta semi autos. Everyone will tell you that their gun is the best, but out of all my guns, the Benelli's will always be the first guns out my cabinet.

If you notice the recoil occurring then it is effecting you, if you don't then its not. I certainly know which of the three shots is a super mag if the other two loaded are 3". That said its not all about charge weight but how the gun handles it and the fit

im looking into buying the winchester sxp Waterfowl. 3. 1/2 inch pump action, anyone had this or got any ideas on what they are like?

Its cheap but might come as a shock to you when you squeeze the trigger with a 3 1/2" up the tube, especially looking at your list of guns. But hey they all go bang and chuck a "duck deadly" charge of shot

Had an SXP. Got rid of it.

Wouldn't get another pump for wildfowling maybe if I started practical shotgun, highly unlikely in the near future.

Save your money up and get a decent semi you won't regret it, instead of buying something cheap and then keep chopping it in.

For me it has to be the SBE2. I have a Beretta, Winchester SX3, Benelli M2 and SBE2 semi autos. The SBE2 is absolutely perfect for Wildfowling and I certainly don't know why people cry about the recoil, as I put the hardest hitting shells through it with no recoil issues.

The M2 and SBE2 are lighter and far more pointable compared to equivalent beretta semi autos. Everyone will tell you that their gun is the best, but out of all my guns, the Benelli's will always be the first guns out my cabinet.

My biggest gripe with the maxus is that it's too light and 'pointable'. I can shoot well with it but sometimes I think about changing for a beretta just for a bit of added weight to help with swinging the gun.

I had a go of the k200 revo and loved it,had just about every auto going and still have cheapy hat-stand which is the only one that never gave me any grief....but wanted a o/u 31/2" 12g.... always been the better gun for hitting the target with o/u's have for me..so a took the plunge and ordered one today from gun room local ish to me and got it for a even cheaper than what I got quoted on the watch by some in the trade section....k200 duck blind camo synthetic...bomb proof! 420.00 ;-)

got the A400 xtreme ,love it use it for clays wildfowling ,and pigeons ,has never missed a beat . this will be its third season .

brother got the A300 xtreme ,and has had a few problems ,miss fires ,carts getting stuck ect.

Mine needed to be run in and ran with a light coat of oil in the action before it would run with lighter loads, sometimes if soft loads like Hull Superfadts are used it will fail to cycle untill warm. But my gun will have **** only around five to six hundred carts. With heavier wildfowl loads I've never had a misfire or feed cycling issues. The A300 Xtreme uses the same blink system as the A400.

Hope he gets it sorted. Best thing I found was WD40 dry lube, it sprays in wet to run in then drysso carp don't stick to it.

I've used all types of guns on the marsh and if my Winchester SX3 had fitted better id never have sold it, cracking gun for the money.

Edited by figgy