Question for HW100 owners

Sha Bu Le

Hi all

My HW 100 is poorly, does any know where I get new sears for the trigger mechanism. Won't cock and latch unless the safety is engaged when the loading lever is open. Then when the safety is taken off......bang

I have wedged a small piece of card in between the middle sear and the one the trigger acts on, it works fine. Funny thing is the sear does not look badly worn.

From other forums I have found out Hull Cartridge do not supplythes part s for the trigger assembly as Weihrauch will not supply them.

Over to PWers any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks all

Bri

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for that Malk............I'd already checked TW Chambers, they have every part imaginable for HW100 except trigger sears.

I read your post but as I have no experience of after market cylinders had nothing to contribute.

Cheer Bri

edit = spelling

Edited by Sha Bu Le

There is the Weihrauch Owners Club which I joined yesterday. Not asked the question yet as I found a thread on it which a couple of people said they had been supplied sears from Weihrauch direct.

Not found anything in the UK and have sent out emails to companies mentioned here, still waiting for replies so I emailed Weihrauch. Still waiting a reply but apparently they take a while to answer.

The couple of people who had received sears advised to be nice and polite and they will listen to you, one person claimed to have been given a set f.o.c. So I was nicer than nice, will have to wait now for a reply.

Thanks for the help offered above, it's much appreciated.

Cheers

Bri

Now that my gun is out of action (not for long I hope) in my garden today at different times 6 magpies most of them sitters. Also quite a number of woodies, difficult to justify popping them in a garden. Not been any in for weeks in the case of mags and very few in the case of woodies...............How do they know.

On the bright side I have contacted a friend in Germany who lives close (but not very close) to the Weihrauch factory. She is going to ask her German husband to phone Weihrauch and try to get a new sear posted to him. Maybe they will supply a German national in Germany, they don't seem to supply anyone else in the world. No harm in asking.

sorry to hear your rifle is broken, oh and a HW100 aswell,

shame you didn,t live a bit closer Brian as I would of let you borrow a proper rifle mate, :whistling::whistling::whistling:

let me know how you get on and I,ll ask around here for ya

Just wear and tear of a part (middle sear in the trigger mechanism) that IMHO should last the life of the gun. Was quite surprised at how many other people have had the same thing happen, one guy on another forum had it happen to him when his gun was only 8 months old. To make matters worse Weihrauch will not supply parts for the trig mech but they are happy to supply a complete trigger mechanism assembly @ £100 - £115 plus carriage through UK dealers (UK price after mark up etc).

Individual sear around 13.5 euros.

However I heard from others that if you are nice, polite and toady they may send one but talk to service dept' not sales). Sent a polite email off to them, really a how low can you go one, waiting for them to get back. Thing is it is such an easy thing to replace bit fiddly but that's all. Drift pin out, one of two spacers out, sear our out and new one in followed by the spacer and the pin. No adjustments to make..... nada, maybe re-adjust 1st and 2nd stage but that's all.

Anyhoos as I said above got a friend in Germany 150 miles from the factory is going to have her husband try and get one by phone and sent to there house.

Yes shame I'm over on the north east coast, I would like to try a Daystate, many thanks for your offers. I'll post when I get a result one way or the other.

Really weweed off about those magpies though.

ATB

Bri

Edited by Sha Bu Le

Bri,, could you not get an engineering place to make you one ???

seems a bit expensive for the trigger mech,

also by the sound of it , it seems a common fault on the hw100,

if you have the part out take it to an engineering company and I,m sure they will make you one no problem

atb Evo

Bri,, could you not get an engineering place to make you one ???

seems a bit expensive for the trigger mech,

also by the sound of it , it seems a common fault on the hw100,

if you have the part out take it to an engineering company and I,m sure they will make you one no problem

atb Evo

Evo I have considered getting one made, there are plenty of engineering firms around here. Just waiting to see if Weihrauch or my friend in Germany come good. If they don't then I'll have no choice but to get one made cos I aint paying £100+ for a complete mech for want of a poxy bit of metal..

SBL, what exactly is wrong with the sear?

If worn slightly on a face, how come that one was worn but not the corresponding one?

If this is an HW100 issue I'd expect others to have found it and a solution is now available.....?

Weihrauch must have seen what is on the forums (and presumably other direct complaints) or one of the custom HW100 tuning boys. If there is a market for these sears, how about a word with Steve Pope as he has had involvement with HW100 custom rifles and does aftermarket parts such as cylinders and cylinder conversions.

if this really is "common", it sounds like a word with the OEM about inherent SAFETY is in order.

Malk

The sear is worn where it engages with the sear that the trigger acts upon to release it and the hammer and fire the gun, there is another sear which cocks the hammer mechanism and latches it in the firing position until the trigger is pulled.

I don't know why this particular sear wears faster than the others, neither do people on other forums. Until recently Weihrauch (and Hull Cartridge + 2/3 other spares suppliers) would supply sears so I don't believe other HW users were too worried. I have also looked at other spares suppliers and forums around the world, absolutely none to be had except as part of the complete trigger mechanism assembly. Some doubts have been raised by other HW100 users re the assembly quality of the trig mech i.e. sears not aligned one on one so there is a small overlap which means that only half(ish) of the sear width is being acted upon thus accelerating wear rates. However I cannot find conclusive proof of this only speculation.

Weihrauch changed their policy on supply and now will only provide complete trig mech assemblies at a punitive cost....£115 + carriage from whoever.

If you look on Weihrauch Owners forum "Shame on you Weihrauh" you will see there are several other people with the same problem. You tube also features some people with the same problem. These are only the people who subscribe to either of these social networks, what the true situation is worldwide ...........who knows.

Again speculation re fear of litigation if something were to happen as a result of DIYers changing sears has led Weihrauch to change their policies profit driven perhaps by more than a little.

My own view is that the middle sear maybe produced by a different process and something has changed, perhaps it is not being annealed for long enough, maybe the metal they are using is of lesser quality than the other sears..............???

Your comment re safety aspects is totally spot on, it would be easy to get to a state where a pellet has been loaded, the safety engaged then the side lever closed, safety disengaged and ......bang.

As you say Weihrauch must have heard from the various forums (if they bother to look) that there is a problem but do they care. Ultimately I believe if they do not address this then sales of what is otherwise an excellent gun will be lost.

I am in the process of drafting an email to Hull Cartridge re the entire situation and my thoughts about it. When I have finished I will post it on here. If/when I get a reply from Weihrauch or my friend in Germany I will also send it to Weihrauch. ( don't want to upset them if there is a chance they will supply a good part).

Do you have contact details for Steve Pope I've only heard of the gent in passing.

Cheers

Bri

Beardo

Date on the air cylinder is November 2010

I would say you are correct in that its newer builds, something has changed in the manufacturing process or materials, I doubt if Weihrauch are going to say what.

Strange isn't it they wont make sears available but the spacers either side of the sears are still on the market. To replace either requires the same strip down, where's the sense ??

Greed driven?

Thanks for the phone number Malk

My serial number starts 192..........1923522 guess that gives a clue to the year of manufacture of the gun rather then the air cylinder.

Edit = checked the Weihrauch database, nearest number on there was 1923156 and was made between 2005 and 2011. Only a 366 difference in 6 years, seems not right.

Edited by Sha Bu Le

The feel I've got is that I don't think its massive but enough to really bug the HW100 community, can't quantify it unfortunately. More annoying is Weihrauch's change of attitude.

I have heard from my friend she is back home now and is passing my enquiry onto KH her husband, may hear something in a couple of days.

Here is Weihrauch's reply to my request for a sear. Customer service does not seem to be a priority with them. I know and they must know that Hull Cart will not supply sears either. Still waiting to hear from my friend in Germany and Steve Pope but its looking like I will have to get one made.

"We refer to your e-mail of 03.06.2015 and have read with interest that you own one of our mod. HW 100.

Out of the distance it is quite difficult to work on your mentioned issue.
We think it would be the best to contact your local gun dealer or Hull Cartridge for advice and to clear the matter.

Hull Cartridge Company Ltd.
Bontoft/National Avenue

Hull HU5 4HZ – England

Phone: 44(0)1482342571
Fax: 44(0)1482346103

They will be glad to assist you.

Sorry but we cannot assist further and hope for your understanding.

Best regards

Hans-H. Weihrauch"