Question for HW100 owners

Sha Bu Le

Had a couple of replys back from our German Friends...

Dear Sir or Madam,

thank you very much for your enquiry. At the moment the number of incoming mails is quite high. Due to this circumstance there may be a delay in corresponding and answering. We hope for your patience and understanding.

Best regards

that came at 6.10 this morning then...

Dear Mr. Moore,

we refer to your e-mail of 19.06.2015.

As you already state the sears are only available preset in the trigger housing. We can offer you to return the trigger mechanism to us for inspection.

We are looking forward to your comments.

Best regards

Hans-H. Weihrauch

looks like my email up wind up them a bit so i'll be sending complete trigger to them at some point , "for inspection" with a bit of luck they'll repair it foc and send it back ... ye right watch this space.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had a couple of replys back from our German Friends...

Dear Sir or Madam,

thank you very much for your enquiry. At the moment the number of incoming mails is quite high. Due to this circumstance there may be a delay in corresponding and answering. We hope for your patience and understanding.

Best regards

that came at 6.10 this morning then...

Dear Mr. Moore,

we refer to your e-mail of 19.06.2015.

As you already state the sears are only available preset in the trigger housing. We can offer you to return the trigger mechanism to us for inspection.

We are looking forward to your comments.

Best regards

Hans-H. Weihrauch

looks like my email up wind up them a bit so i'll be sending complete trigger to them at some point , "for inspection" with a bit of luck they'll repair it foc and send it back ... ye right watch this space.

To be fair, that is a bit of progress.....

Are all the emails complaints about sears? :lol:

Yes it is a bit of progress at least they've mentioned the word 'sears

If you send it back "for their" inspection my guess is they will either condemn it and tell you to buy a new assembly, or repair it and charge you £70 ish + £30 courier charge. I've heard for some reason WR only use DHL not the post which would maybe cost a fiver.

Maybe a different person has replied and is not chanting the company mantra.

To be fair, that is a bit of progress.....

Are all the emails complaints about sears? :lol:

Simon

I have found 5 people on another forum with the same problem + 3 people on here, it could be more, I have only looked at single threads on 2 forums over a fairly short time period. Did not see any complaints about other aspects of the HW100.

There may or may not be more on other forums??

I was in a gun shop recently and listened to a similar problem and some one put a spot weld on the seer then reshaped it with file, then reheated the seer and dipped it in cold oil to harden it off.

I am not proposing its right or wrong,it just done the trick for his needs. or you can just pay the money down for a new unit, at worse right it off, but seers are specially hardened it seem unusual for it to go.

best of luck

kind regards billde

Edited by billde

I was in a gun shop recently and listened to a similar problem and some one put a spot weld on the seer then reshaped it with file, then reheated the seer and dipped it in cold oil to harden it off.

I am not proposing its right or wrong,it just done the trick for his needs. or you can just pay the money down for a new unit, at worse right it off, but seers are specially hardened it seem unusual for it to go.

best of luck

kind regards billde

I'm going to send it back to them got nothing to lose already resigned myself to having to get a new trigger (worse case) the problem with the sears is that they overlap so only just over 50% of the sears are holding (design flaw?) resulting in increased loading on the sears . If they try and charge me silly money + postage i'll be telling them BASC legal dept will be touch shortly .

Atb Simon.

• 1 month later...

Right guys finally got trigger back from our german friends and guess what they fixed it gratis, just shows you what the threat of legal action does.

so guys spread the word 1) It's a common problem / design flaw 2) a potential lethal safety issue 3) if they won't help your a member of Basc and you'll set they're' legal dept lose on them like a pack of Rottweiler's .... should do the trick.

you had any joy Sha?

None at all Husky, I've written WR off as next to useless, will only approach them if when forced to.

Trekked around 3 local engineering companies, they were not interested or were asking silly money + tooling charges and minimum order quantities.

There is a guy on another forum (don't know where he is located in the UK) who has got a response from a firm local to him. They will do a min qty of a 100, he reckons he would be able to move them on at £25ea posted. He hasn't made his mind up yet, I am keeping an eye on the situation and will post details if and when he decides to go ahead.

As I said earlier I got my gun working by moving the lever that holds the trigger tensioning spring to the opposite side of the trigger assembly. This goes some way to even up the alignment problem. For now I have a working safe gun, I know it won't last so I hope this guy decides to get some made. Between here and one other forum he will move 10-15 straight away, if he puts them on his website and the bay he should shift the rest in no time.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello greetings to all from Spain.
I apologize for my English is not very correct, but I am using a translator to communicate with you.

I am a user with the same problem are you talking about here, in addition also participated in the forum owners hw you mention.
I enrolled at the forum, as in this, desperate sought a solution to this problem on the trigger.
Like another fellow here have sought this piece online world without success. La only hope I had left to get the piece was a user of another forum was talking with an engineering company and were studying if they came out profitable to a number of pieces for distribution around the world.
This is the thread where he participated also exposing my problem:
http://weihrauchowners.freeforums.org/hw100-broken-sear-t7082-15.html?sid=7544f7c4b15497f193c90f948651cbb4
And this is the link to another thread where the user says that until mid-August we will have news:
http://weihrauchowners.freeforums.org/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=23488

I tried to find a company that manufactures me this part, companies that have visited have told me not to individual work and others that need a 2D / 3D plane to made it. No have means to take up and commissioning work estre other work a lot more expensive, so if you have told me is that they notice the defective part factory, The piece is worn and broken only in the right half, the left half appears intact and not worn. This is because in the assembly process, washers leading to left and right to be centered not have the optimal values for both parts are perfectly aligned, the piece also has a bad finish believe that was a roll parts manufactured with a defect and therefore have only failed in a limited number of rifles and not a widespread defect model.

Today I'm resigned to that I'll have to order a full trigger and Is impossible to find this spare part.
Greetings to all and I hope that ye might luckier than me.

Hi,

As I recall , Remington was involved in a class action against them in the USA.

The result was a world wide recall of their triggers on Remington 700 rifles made between certain dates.

The recall involved free inspection and replacement of suspect triggers.

I think WR could be on a stick wicket if they keep ignoring these safety concerns.

This sounds like a safety issue, and the EU will be on this like a ton of bricks.

Do they want their CE stamp taken away from them.

I would suggest an email to WR and mention their CE approval for sales in the EU may be a risk!!!!!!

I asked at Sportsman Gun Centre the other day as they sell loads of HW100. They said they have NEVER had a faulty HW100 sear.

It also sounds to me like it makes sense to check your own gun and if the sear is only engaging half to use bushes to centralise it and thus prolong the life and safety.

• 4 years later...
On 03/06/2015 at 17:50, Sha Bu Le said:

Hi all

My HW 100 is poorly, does any know where I get new sears for the trigger mechanism. Won't cock and latch unless the safety is engaged when the loading lever is open. Then when the safety is taken off......bang

I have wedged a small piece of card in between the middle sear and the one the trigger acts on, it works fine. Funny thing is the sear does not look badly worn.

From other forums I have found out Hull Cartridge do not supplythes part s for the trigger assembly as Weihrauch will not supply them.

Over to PWers any help greatly appreciated.

On 03/06/2015 at 17:50, Sha Bu Le said:

Hi all

My HW 100 is poorly, does any know where I get new sears for the trigger mechanism. Won't cock and latch unless the safety is engaged when the loading lever is open. Then when the safety is taken off......bang

I have wedged a small piece of card in between the middle sear and the one the trigger acts on, it works fine. Funny thing is the sear does not look badly worn.

From other forums I have found out Hull Cartridge do not supplythes part s for the trigger assembly as Weihrauch will not supply them.

Over to PWers any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks all

Bri

Thanks all

Bri

Hi Bri,

How are you?

Any update for solving problem?

I have got same problem now...