getting dafter!could you answer this question?

kdubya

Durham are now asking new applicants for a shotgun cert to name the component parts (wanted 8?) of a cartridge and even the name and type of powder used? I kid you not!!

KW

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Easy, that piece of shot, and that one, and that one,and that one,and that one,and that one,and that one,and that one,and that one,and that one,and that one,and that one,and that one,and that one,and that one,and that one,and that one,and that one,and that one,and that one,and that one,and that one,and that one,and that one,and that one,and that one,and that one,and that one,and that one,and that one,and that one,and that one, :good:

This is rediculous, is there any way one can oppose this?

Not fill in that part of the form. Then when they refuse your application, ask why. As I'm sure you chaps are aware you can have the chief of police for your county explain to you in court why a SGC has not been granted! And if it is upon this basis it will not be upheld...

I read a thread about this on PW not so long ago, but don't know if it was a recent thread or something I somehow managed to drag up from the depths.

It got a bit niggly with folks arguing back and forth, I think it was Davyo who started it.

Sorry KW, that wee ramble didn't really add to your thread, but maybe suggests that it is more of an issue than folks previously thought.

I wonder if the plod in Durham could answer a question of what type of thread, weave type and stitch count their uniforms are, it would be as equally pointless and tenuous as the question they ask.

I don't believe I have ever complimented your brillant 'profile picture' Scully!

Not that I'm meaning to put any political bias forward :P

Thankyou, but don't worry, no one else has complimented me on it either. :) I decided it looked too similar to Poontangs and as he was there first swapped it.

Perhaps it's about time to ask Durham if they know what is included in HO guidance regarding firearms licensing and what isn't.

The questions are absolutely meaningless; I doubt very much whether Durhams AR teams could name the component parts of their ammunition or whether it is boxer or berdan primed, and why would anyone need to?

Shorley this question they are giving new applicants isn't a deal breaker if you get it wrong?

Knowing the answer doesn't make you any safer than someone who doesn't know it.

I'd ask the feo what electrical components are in the ecu for his car that he drove round in that runs the engine lol

I'll have a go

Case

Shot

Wad

Powder

Brass head

Primer

And nitro powder used

I'll join you:

case type (paper/plastic and bore)

Shot (size and material)

Wad (plastic/fiber/wool)

Powder (god knows, it burns slow in the open but goes bang in the gun)

Brass head (usually steel)

Primer

crimp or rollover

bore/gauge

That's all I can think of of the top of my head

Durham are now asking new applicants for a shotgun cert to name the component parts (wanted 8?) of a cartridge and even the name and type of powder used? I kid you not!!

KW

The same questions should be asked to the FEO, + the excuse they have for Firearms License Staff, totally abysmal.

KW

Pleased you posted this bud,because when my son was interviewed in front of me when he got his FAC/SGC at 15,the FEO asked that very question. he even had a diagram of the cross section of a 12g cartridge.So please you have heard this as I was basically called a lier at the time by a few PW members.

I read a thread about this on PW not so long ago, but don't know if it was a recent thread or something I somehow managed to drag up from the depths.

It got a bit niggly with folks arguing back and forth, I think it was Davyo who started it.

Sorry KW, that wee ramble didn't really add to your thread, but maybe suggests that it is more of an issue than folks previously thought.

I wonder if the plod in Durham could answer a question of what type of thread, weave type and stitch count their uniforms are, it would be as equally pointless and tenuous as the question they ask.

Your right bud it was me,it was my son who was asked the question.But when I posted it I was basically called a lier at the time so pleased that this is now been heard,I bet the FEO in question was Allan Morris. Edited by Davyo