Daystate Air Ranger FAC .22 Pellets

Esca

Ok just got my new Air Ranger.22 (dare I use the word awsome :rolleyes: ) Lovely rifle. However I have heard so much advice on what type of pellet ( hard/soft, long /short, heavy/standard etc). That to be honest I don't know if I am coming or going ??? .

So my question is to anyone using a 40ftlb Air ranger. Can you please point me in the right direction with regards to pellets?

:thanks:

Try,

JSB 16gn & JSB 18grn, or the equivelant from Air Arms. This seems to be what 90% of FAC Air rifle users are feeding there rifles.

It wont though do harm to try a magnum pellet at 21grn such as the Bisley Magnum / Barracuda Match. But try light first for the flatter trajectory !

ATB

Matt :good:

Not sure if 16gn pellets at 40ftlb will perform well as they will be travelling at about 1060ft sec.

16gn JSB at 30ftlb are good in my gun but whether the skirts will deform with the extra power I'm not sure. I'm afraid its a case of try as many brands and weight as you can. Speed is one thing to bear in mind as generally any thing over 950ft sec destroys accuracy.

Dasher

Try,

JSB 16gn & JSB 18grn, or the equivelant from Air Arms. This seems to be what 90% of FAC Air rifle users are feeding there rifles.

It wont though do harm to try a magnum pellet at 21grn such as the Bisley Magnum / Barracuda Match. But try light first for the flatter trajectory !

ATB

Matt :good:

100% agree,

the 15.89gr jsb will be fine in your ranger

• 2 weeks later...

Test using H&N Barracuda 5.52 21.2gr over 54yrdspost-74755-0-42224800-1434984332_thumb.jpg

JSB 18.2gr 5.52 over 54yrd. Please note there are two groups on this targetpost-74755-0-21341000-1434984352_thumb.jpg

Please note for scale the "10" ring is the size of a 10p

Edited by Esca

Esca, have you tried the 16grn JSB ?

If not they are well worth a try ! The H&N seem good though.

Hi Salop. I gave the 16grn a go but got a shotgun effect. However that was before I had worked out how critical the state of the skirt is. The H&N are good but for some reason I cannot fathom. I seem to get "flyers". Another observation I had when conducting these tests, was how much swarf I got in the H&N but not the JSB (although more damaged skirts).