Fox Red Labs

RedRobin

The point I'm making is it doesn't even cover the costs of keeping all of their dogs and they certainly can't live off the profits.

They would make more money having lots of kids and claiming benefits.

No of course it does not cover having that amount of dogs , but what if they had one bitch and one dog ?

Of course much depends on litter size and also what breed of dog , but fact is people have always made money out of breeding dogs and always will.

I personally have no issue with that when quality pups are produced ,but so many are bred now just for colour or because its that latest cross you can think of some daft name for ( other than mongrel ) which is what they are , again I have nothing against such dogs but should lets say a labradoodle cost more than a labrador with a excellent pedigree ? I think not !

You can keep that quote for your customers. I have had dogs and been around dogs long enough to know that is complete and utter nonsense. WHY oh WHY will people NOT admit to making money from breeding pups? ????. Can anyone answer that question?

Net or gross profit? its only possible to make net profit if your totally ruthless, chuck the bitch once she has done her allotted litters, don't pay for vets, feed rubbish etc. I have a relative who made a lot of money breeding dogs but no bitch ever stayed long. I think there might be a pound or two made by some stud dog owners but how many dogs can you expect to own to get to winning the championships etc.

Fenboy has the idea if its for profit breed no KC designer dogs this way you can breed the life out of the poor bitch if you cruel enough and mercenary enough. ****poos, cocker poos, cocker doodle doos its the way forward for the callous once your fox red lab bitch has gone to a new home :rolleyes:

£700 a pup x 3 litters of 6 pups = £12600 less 14yrs of keeping a bitch (kennelling, vet, feed ), 3 stud fees. then there is the time and advertising discounting the time I doubt it can actually pay £1 per hour if anything. No ethically done the math don't work - UN ethically it works 4 yrs or less keep, cheap food etc. yes if you can live with yourself

I do not know the lines , so cant really comment only to ask your own opinion .

Do you think breeding from well known working lines is enough or do you think "proven" dogs and bitches should only be bred from ?

I was actually wondering what Cocker Boy had to think about what would appear to be a puppy advertisement. $$$$

Sire has a very good pedigree, his bitch line is excellent. Information on the bitch is too vague to enable a comment.

Edited by PERCE

As I am in the market for another pup I have been having a trawl through litters available , I have come across a litter of fox red pups , no mention of health checks , no mention of hip / elbow scores or eyes of the parents , they are asking £975 a pup !!!! but they are "true red" not " yellow being passed off as red" :lol:

Ah, well, that's all good then. :no::no:

As I am in the market for another pup I have been having a trawl through litters available , I have come across a litter of fox red pups , no mention of health checks , no mention of hip / elbow scores or eyes of the parents , they are asking £975 a pup !!!! but they are "true red" not " yellow being passed off as red" :lol:

Yep yellow is the new red :lol: Thing is I have a dark yellow and if I had a litter that could be called Red I think I should call them dark yellow just to weed out the ****** and profiteers.

That wasn't a swear word BTW but it wasn't complimentary of the type of person in question

Edited by kent