Meet the gun that costs less than...

secretagentmole

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And what is wrong with being a man with Polish ancestry?

My grandfather was in the 300 Squadron, Polish heavy bomber. Took part in some of the nastiest raids in the war, Dresden, Hamburg, sub pens at Brest (flying in at 30 ft and trying to get the bombs through the doors of the pens). He became proficient in radar and after the war was kept on by the RAF to train people across the empire how to use radio detection and ranging (as he could speak Hindi and Urdu, as well as Polish, Russian, German, French, Dutch and English). By the time he was finished on his instructor tours the iron curtain had fallen across Europe with a resounding clang and because of his technical knowledge of the new RADAR systems he was in effect made stateless. He was allowed to become a British citizen in 1969, as by then his technical knowledge was judged to be obsolete.

How would you like to be made homeless because of the job you did in helping the winners of the war in Europe? He never saw his father again, his brothers disappeared when the Nazis were in control of Poland and then the Russians basically did the same job the Nazis were doing to the whole country. He managed to get back to see his mother in Poland twie before she died.

Be very proud of your Grandfather. As a child I spent my holiday at RAF Church Fenton. Lots of Polish pilots. These people where treated despicable ( Not allowed to enter in celebration marches in London ) .

should be fine, I got a cheap 3-7x20 off the bay and the mounts look the same 11mm. although that one of yours looks better made so may have to treat myself again.

I picked up the .22 just for plinking with my son and have to say for £69 quid cant complain.

Picking one up in the week.

Any recommended pellets? Will just be for targets but would like to hear some suggestions for vermin pellets.

H&N FT are used by many, but I use Crosman Premier in mine to good effect.

Slightly off topic, though inexpensive springer related ... Hatsan 60s ( is it actually a copy of a former rifle? ) or is it a 100% designed springer .. lve read they can be tuned into a quite useful tool; well that's what lve read!

Derived from the Webley Vulcan, but developed more by Webley and evolved into the Stingray Mk 2 (same gun as the 60S just a slightly different stock). Sold by Hatsan as the 55 and 60. They can be tuned up but I found mine to be OK as it was so left it alone!

• 2 weeks later...

I picked up one of these at the weekend. Very pleased with it considering the price paid! It's obviously not got the polish that the nicer springers have but this is a seriously good value gun so far.

A year down the line I could well be singing a different tune but so far (100 shots) so good!

I picked up one of these at the weekend. Very pleased with it considering the price paid! It's obviously not got the polish that the nicer springers have but this is a seriously good value gun so far.

A year down the line I could well be singing a different tune but so far (100 shots) so good!

Thing is these days a lot of the nicer springers need a lot more polish to get as good as that cheap Hatsan!

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Folks, I'm a newbie to this forum and on Mr. Mole's recommendations bought one of these from Youngmans at Gt Yarmouth on Monday. It felt really comfortable and as if it had been tailor made for me. Also had one of the SMK scopes come through the post that RDP mentioned on page 8 of this thread. Managed to zero the scope in Monday night and bagged my first rat yesterday morning. This combination seems to be a great bit of kit for an amateur like me and to say I'm impressed is an understatement.

Cheers

Bob