Meet the gun that costs less than...

secretagentmole

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks!

I am just using a Tasco 4x32 30/30 on mine mimicking a cheap set up. The Hatsan comes equipped with a scope arrestor on so even a cheap set of mounts won't be shaken backwards. Let Bruno and the neigh sayers laugh all they like, this is actually a good little gun that is well equipped and shoots well over it's price range.

It will be fun when I get the MTC Mamba on the wee beastie! That scope cost me £20...

i'm not exactly weeping into my cornflakes over this either :lol:

You would be crying if you bought an HW

Poor spring finishing has arisen again on the HW underlevers and someone bought an HW30 and in under 50 shots it is graunching and hard to cock.

Quality?

HW?

Having a laugh aren't you?

Copied from Facebook...

Just bought my son a brand new hw 30 and after 30 or so pellets its gone grunchy and hard to cock , has anybody else had this problem , think the springs let go ???

Phil Tyndall I Hope it's better than mine, good luck.mines two weeks old.
11406798_10205342007563408_2678129237926
Edited by secretagentmole

Mr Mole , do you walk around your town with a placard saying "BUY HATSAN" by any chance , I mean in your 2539 posts you must have plugged them around 2534 times or more , chances are if you have not had a sponsorship deal by now its not going to happen so how about changing the record for a while !

So someone had a dodgy HW30 shocking , you can get a bad one in anything , I mean the 60s / 55s that you bang on about have enough issues if you do a little research .

Stolen from another forum just for you.

I had the 60s which is the same, only in .22. I found it to be one of the worst rifles I have ever wasted money on. Thankfully, I replaced it with a HW77 for only 25 quid more (second hand) and it got abandoned in my shed to rust. I took it to the tip last week and didn't feel the least bit guilty in chucking on the pile of scrap. It shook itself to bits in less than 6 months. The recoil was incredible. The noise was fantasticly loud. It lost accuracy the more it was used. All in all, a poorly made rifle which costs more than it is worth.

Nuffield has/had the 55s and he says pretty much the same as me. Yet some people love them and think they are awsome rifles. I suppose it depends on your standards.

I had a 55s, it had poor build quality, (inaccurate threads) and recoiled horribly, the fore end screws cut into the wood work and started to damage it. It also wouldn't group. I wouldn't recommend it, it was an awful gun. A better bet would be a quality second hand rifle.

John

But then you know all this because you were trying to tell the two fellows above how great they are in the same thread .

Mr Mole , do you walk around your town with a placard saying "BUY HATSAN" by any chance , I mean in your 2539 posts you must have plugged them around 2534 times or more , chances are if you have not had a sponsorship deal by now its not going to happen so how about changing the record for a while !

So someone had a dodgy HW30 shocking , you can get a bad one in anything , I mean the 60s / 55s that you bang on about have enough issues if you do a little research .

Stolen from another forum just for you.

I had the 60s which is the same, only in .22. I found it to be one of the worst rifles I have ever wasted money on. Thankfully, I replaced it with a HW77 for only 25 quid more (second hand) and it got abandoned in my shed to rust. I took it to the tip last week and didn't feel the least bit guilty in chucking on the pile of scrap. It shook itself to bits in less than 6 months. The recoil was incredible. The noise was fantasticly loud. It lost accuracy the more it was used. All in all, a poorly made rifle which costs more than it is worth.

Nuffield has/had the 55s and he says pretty much the same as me. Yet some people love them and think they are awsome rifles. I suppose it depends on your standards.

I had a 55s, it had poor build quality, (inaccurate threads) and recoiled horribly, the fore end screws cut into the wood work and started to damage it. It also wouldn't group. I wouldn't recommend it, it was an awful gun. A better bet would be a quality second hand rifle.

John

But then you know all this because you were trying to tell the two fellows above how great they are in the same thread .

Bad in anything, but you feel a lot less aggrieved when it is a £100 gun giving you grief rather than a £300 gun giving you grief.

HW are now producing guns at the level of Hatsan, it is an acknowledged fact. Look at the 99, the fix they came up with to fix the galling problem is now failing.

The 35 is now galling, the 95 buzzes worse than a bee in a tinfoil factory, swarf in internal mechanisms, damaged seals, the list would shame SMK.

The wife bought 2 HW95s, they buzzed, ate the seals, were full of swarf, the two HW100s she had gave problems and required constant fixing. She laughed at my love of Hatsan rifles.

She now has 2 Hatsans and no HWs!

She can get 2 rifles that work for the price of one that does not! Go figure!

My hat stand striker in 25 was very good. Once a polished everything and did the trigger. It had a good barrel, shooting many pellet types very well indeed.

Zero stayed put.

Some was so impressed I sold it to him, otherwise I would still have it.

Would I have another? Sure.

Well what do you think of it?

Looks well built, quiet compared to ones ive shot before. Not zeroed in on the scope yet as i didnt have time. It seems to good to be true for the price. The other customers in the shop were shocked when he said how much the gun was. No rattly, springy noices when you fire it.