Meet the gun that costs less than...

secretagentmole

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was down at Brown`s yesterday. Had a quick nosy at the Hatsan and it seemed alright to me but as I know pretty much nothing about air rifles I can`t really make any serious comments on what it`s like. Asked air rifle John what he thought of it and he reckoned it was excellent value for money. Said he`d run it through it`s paces and it consistently generated 11.5 ft/lb.

I may well pick one up in the near future.

Cheers rich.Ive googled them,never knew there was a gun shop down there till this thread started.I wish we had a good gun shop in chesterfield !i normally trapse all the way to derby or mansfield for my bits n bobs.

Its a great shop with great people.

Its a great shop with great people.

+1

Agreed, always helpful and friendly. Plus, they`re not out to rip you off. Obviously they have to make a profit but they`re not greedy. They have a good business model, make a little profit on a sale and keep the customer coming back for more purchases.

Someone on the BBS took a mosey over to Browns and bought 2 of the 900s in .22! Reckoned he is going to use those as loan guns so if a friend asks if they can borrow a gun they get lent a 900.

SAM, what is the small clip screwed on to the barrel for, near to the grooved dovetail? what mounts did you use on yours?

Picked one up and I've not used an airgun in 30years. Utter bargain at 69 notes. Picked up from Countryway. Lovely place they have in Kent. It seems the wood varies in finish, we were amazed when we opened the box to find a dark wood with some nice grain. I was looking at a SMK B2 for plinking but this is streets ahead.

My groupings are half to three quarters of an inch at 27 yards. Depends on me and on conditions. I am looking at changing ammo to H&N as they seem to work really well in it.

Why did I get a .22? Simply put I think spring powereds are better in .22!

Picked one up and I've not used an airgun in 30years. Utter bargain at 69 notes. Picked up from Countryway. Lovely place they have in Kent. It seems the wood varies in finish, we were amazed when we opened the box to find a dark wood with some nice grain. I was looking at a SMK B2 for plinking but this is streets ahead.

Hatsan stocks are a bit of a lottery but every prospective owner has to remember, the stock is Walnut!

My groupings are half to three quarters of an inch at 27 yards. Depends on me and on conditions. I am looking at changing ammo to H&N as they seem to work really well in it.

Why did I get a .22? Simply put I think spring powereds are better in .22!

Hatsan stocks are a bit of a lottery but every prospective owner has to remember, the stock is Walnut!

That is intriguing, what is your thinking behind that? I thought most people (on PW) these days err on .177 in sub 12 ftlb.

Simple the mechanism on a .22 does not have to shove as much air up the barrel, meaning that recoil and piston slam is less.

A .177 needs more air to get the lighter weight pellet up to speed. This can cause harsh recoil as stronger springs are used and pistons are travelling faster at the end of the stroke.

.177 is brilliant in PCP rifles and I have a .177 PCP.

Edited by secretagentmole