CHAIN for GONGS

Dougy

It will most likely be mil-spec armour plate like *** ******. I could try to get some but may show up on the radar........

Is Hardox really such a disappointment for anyone shooting other than belted Magnums or 338 etc? It all comes down to cost and whether folk will pay for targets made of it. If you are in need PM me and I'll see what can be done.

Personally I prefer the level of armouring found on the out of date cans of Heinz soup the lads keep leaving in the kitchens here. They make a lovely splat. "I love the smell of widely distrubuted Oxtail in the morning!" Guy always whinges when I've shot his lunch even if it was left over from a mobilisation 2 years ago. He's so tight.

Edited by LeadWasp

I have a gong i made in 2006, its 15" diametre 1/2" thick hot rolled steel plate,laser cut.

I suspend it from a kids swing frame on chain bought from homebase.

It has had hundreds of rounds shot at it from distances of 300yds to 1K, including 270, 308 & 300WSM.

The worst it has is very light cratering with slight dimpling on the reverse, IMO you dont need armour plate, hot rolled will do the job and only cost me £25 cut.

Ian.

Melibdinum chain any good,it's kind of like stainless. If you have any cement works near you they may have some old used to let you try,if you know anyone who works for one local even better. I have probably spelt melibdinum wrong.

Failing that,armadillo rubber is quite good,if you can mount a gong to it. The rubber itself is used for skirting/valances on conveyer belts, it's a pinky colour. Also used on a few backstop walls on some ranges I go to.