What Cammo????

murrayfuk

Bolta as I previously mentioned we have left the topic of shooting and I’d hoped that this topic had finished, “obviously not”.

You are starting to surprise me your lack of ability to take in anything I’m writing,

I find myself explaining the same subject time and time again and its starting to bore me, ie…when did I ever say animals can pick up heat from other animals, or humans…we are dealing with mammals here not snakes.

The post was started asking about which camouflage clothing was best to use while out doing what we all love to do. SHOOTING/HUNTING.

I gave my opinion about which I would chose, including also that the DPM clothing had this extra feature which the other types didn’t, nobody knows for sure that this feature helps in anyway for sure when out shooting, it was a simple opinion.

As for the explanation on IR, its science that allows up to predict something if a eye for instance is built up in a certain way, for example the cones and rods in our eyes.

Have you ever seen a CCTV camera on an industrial site that has a lamp or two glowing a very dull red light. That’s still infrared light but at a different wavelength, but at a level that we humans can still see.

Obviously manufacturers of gun IR light sources for nvg’s or scopes aren’t going to make them produce an infrared light that our quarry can see are they, now that would be silly wouldn’t it.

The stars and moonlight produce infrared light, and its this that animals have evolved in to being able to detect.

It’s a shame that you don’t see this as just an opinion rather than feeling threatened that someone knows more about this subject than you.

I think we’ll close this one here.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Pigeon master,

I will not let go of this subject because you stated some things that is not true and I personally don´t like this kind of information. If you have some valuable information to share then please come with this information or else keep it to yourself, please.

The reason for humans and animals can see the normal IR light (the visionable part) from IR iluminators is because you can´t hide this part of light - you can´t simply not convert all the lower IR waves to higher values. But in fact you can easy do this but especially Gen. 1 and I think most Gen. 2 equipment too will not work because they will not be able to use IR light from approx. 850nm and up. The normal IR illuminators are around 810-820nm and therefor can be used with all NV equipment. Gen. 3 can easy use over 850nm and up to a certain border (no visionable light here).

Now I have giving some really valuable information that people can go checking if they like to see that I speak the truth. You just put statements up that DPM clothes are better to use in hunting situations with ABSOLUTELY no backup information - do you really think this is smart ?

I am not interested in hearing people´s opinions but only the truth and nothing but the truth. If people have opinions I would like to hear them too but people should clearly state that this is their opinion and not the complete truth.

Cheers - Bolta

Bolta,

first of all you should go back to school and learn how to write as your grammer is about the same as a 8-11 year old.

I'm not going to comment any further as you have no idea what you're talking about and you are starting to make a fool of yourself.

If there are any people on the site who has knowledge of what I'm talking about will understand what I'm trying to say, but you just dont get it, do you.

This is my last post for sure on the subject, but feel free to give your last comment and feel free to use the words " you talk a load of bulls@#t" LOL.

You bust my guts.

The PM

OOO buy the way, IR light has a range starting from 700nM to 1000nM for the general public and for Goverment organizations beyond 1000nM.

Just thought I would put you right again. :*)

If you kneed real tree I sincearly hope you are compleatly covering your hands and face as well because that is what stands out more than any thing.

If you wear drab colours and are stealthy you will not be seen. If you wear real tree and are not and have no idea about field craft you will be seen.

If you ever go up in a microlite or helicopter you will notice the humans upturned face is like a beacon.

Try to eliminate or minimise these factors and you wont go far wrong:

Shape

Shine

Shadow

Silhouette

Sudden Movement

Smell

British Army clothing does have an IR coating but it deteriorates to nothing after a few washes. and wont stop animals seeing you or humans with a sharp sense of observation for that matter

Thermal imaging is the ballocks

Dave

Hi pigeon master,

I think I got you there.

This information I gave about the IR range of nm is something everyone know and you ought to know it too since you have so much NV training.

You put this statement up that DPM is better than the rest of camouflage clothes because of IR-blend - I did NOT put that statement up. Now I want that information right here and right now. If you can not deliver this information no one on this board will ever believe you again !!!

Now it is up to you. The information, please !

Cheers - Bolta

Is he still waffling on. :o

Well said DevilDave,

its about time someome else with some common sense has included a post on the subject.

I agree with your post as its to the point and about what we all starting talikng about in the first place.

Its that simple, but some of us on the site seem to have a problem with not taking what was wrote as an opinion and more as a ctritisim, shame really because he ended up making a **** of himself in the end.

Yes I prefer DPM guys, but hey were're all different eh.

The PM

Hi,

well after 'browsing' that very long argument i wanted to ask you a question. Actually i scrolled past most of it.

I decided to go for DPM, i'm on kind of a budget, which would be best:

Soldier 95

Temperate 94

DPM Arctic Windproof

Maybe the DPM Para Smock with some of the above trousers

Realy it is between 95 and 94 it's for use until the spring and i can wear layers underneath so it's what looks best realy not whats the warmest.

oh, i'll probably order from here http://www.flecktarn.co.uk/productsdpm.html#clothes

Hope you reply soon :o

cheers m8 this is what it looks like i'm getting then:

http://www.flecktarn.co.uk/dpccs1na.html

http://www.flecktarn.co.uk/dpcft1na.html

http://www.flecktarn.co.uk/dpcgl1nx.html

£16.50 used but gloves are new,

is this a good deal or is there anywhere else cheaper? don't think i need any head or gear or anything i do ok without camo so i don't think i'll go 'ott'.

might get a belt aswell :o

Good prices on that kit

The gloves are **** they are not a tight fit

Go to your local equestrian shop and ask for pimple palm gloves they are a similar price. The pimple palm gloves are similar to the army contact gloves in the pic but they are a snug fit and you can feal much more threw them. you should be able to get them in black or dark green. Stear clear of the pink ones!!

Dave

Hi Pigeon master,

Yes, I am still on.

One more question for you regarding DPM vs. the other camo patterns on the market. Why do people buy more of such clothes if DPM is the best camo pattern ? Wouldn´t they not be buying DPM clothes instead because this is the best camo clothes in your opinion but not in the eyes of the world ?

And by the way, you still have not giving back ground information about that statement you made about DPM is better because of IR-blend? at broad daylight. Where is that information, pigeon master ? Where is it or is it just a lie coming from someone who has no clue about what hunting is all about ?

You put that statement up - not me. Now we all want to know the real facts !!!

Cheers - Bolta

tbh realtree looks nicer but DPM does its job better or the army would'nt use it?

maybe it's because it fits in with more environments rather than just one?

thanks Devilishdave and Ferreter for the info. i ordered the DPM 95 kit :) oh and some of them pimple palm gloves :D

can't wait for it to arrive

:o

Cammo is one of those 'horses for courses' things, and we are perhaps looking at it all through human eyes!

There is a lot of dayglo orange gear available in America, in DPM, which is used in the deerhunting season, because people can see it and the deer can't. The late Gerald Cardew once went hunting rabbits in the worst 'Christmas present jumper' I have ever seen, and still came back with the bunnies, so the rabbits aren't bothered what you wear either.

I was at a game fair earlier this year, and I spotted this woman wearing what looked like a fantastic new cammo pattern top which blended in with the spring growth on the hedgerow behind her. It looked like a pair of legs with no body and a head floating in mid air, it was that good. I had to see what this new cammo was, so went for a closer look. She was wearing a green fleece with light green flowers all over it, it wasn't realtree anything or Disruptive Prime Minister after all! :*)

I have used Realtree camo netting and army netting

I would say the army camo netting is a better choice in windy conditions.

The only problem i find is that when it gets wet its a bit on the heavy side.

The Realtree netting is light but i find that it needs some support with a few bits

brush :D :o

ok i dont normally enter into these topics but......

im backing pigeon basher on this.

1st take DMP (standard issue) jacket place on post at end of field

2nd take realtree jacket place on post along from 1st

3rd get a night vision scope

4th view each item (dpm and realtree) and then you tell me wich one you can (or cant) see the best

one of them really seems to glow in the dark, some animals will see it some wont.

if real tree was so good why dont the people who it would benefiot most wear it?:rolleyes:

personal choice though:

real tree mesh suite good as long as only static shooting and no brambles.

for stalking DPM

ROB :/

PS but in this weather would never go any where without me gortex-thinsulate realtree gloves :P

Bolta,

did you hear that, yes I guess you did so that should be the end of it.

If you can not take it that people have opinions then go and find another forum because this ones a good en with lads who listen to each other rather than saying someone talks c@#p, when its obvious to the others that I'm talking about a subject that I know about.

Hey I will say this though Bolta, your grammer has improved over the course of this topic so please send me some fee's for getting rid of your grammer gremlin. :rolleyes:

The PM