Adding land to licence

powler

Guys this might seem a silly question, but if I have land to add to my FAC that's under a different authority for my FAC who do apply I to have it added, I come under west mercia and the new land is Gwent?

Thanks

Mick

Oh forgot to say the land is not claased for any calibre atm, but should be good for .243, so it will need inspecting.

Not sure of the answer to this one, but could be an opportunity to ask for your licence to be made 'open' thus solving any further issues cross county borders.

They can only say no, had mine opened up after 18 months

Sure someone will be along with factual answer

You would have to tell your feo or call in they have a nation wide data base that tells them all land cleared. If it is not cleared you have to get the land owner to fill in a form that you keep a copy and you give one to licence guys, they then send someone out to inspect land and then say to what calibre its cleared.

You would have to tell your feo or call in they have a nation wide data base that tells them all land cleared. If it is not cleared you have to get the land owner to fill in a form that you keep a copy and you give one to licence guys, they then send someone out to inspect land and then say to what calibre its cleared.

I've never had to get any forms filled for getting land cleared?

I've just emailed the feo and he goes and looks at it and says yay or nay. If yay he'll update database.

Not sure what you mean by "have land added to your FAC". Do you mean finding out if land has been cleared for your a particular caliber and if it hasn't been how do you get it cleared.

There is no requirement to have land added to your FAC, you can shoot anywhere you have permission as long as that land has been deemed suitable by the police for the caliber of rifle you wish to use. The onus is on you to determine if the land is "deemed suitable"

To ascertain if land has been cleared, you will need to speak to your licensing department, some will tell you over the phone, some will ask that the request is made in writing with written permission from the land owner to substantiate your request. If the land has not been cleared you will have to request clearance and the same would apply. These inquiries should be made to your issuing authority and it is they who would contact the other county.

It goes to show how things vary from force to force. I wanted to check some land I got in Bedfordshire and I am under Thames Valley, when I phoned Thames Valley they sort of told me nothing to do with them and they told me to phone Bedfordshire.

In the end I just phoned Bedfordshire asked them if it was cleared turned out it wasnt and the FEO came out the next week and cleared it for the calibers I wanted.

I am under W Yorks, Asked for land to be checked in Norfolk, the FEO looked on his database and saw that, in his own words " It's passed for everything apart from a ground to air missile"

Go through you own force as a start.

I've never had to get any forms filled for getting land cleared?

me either

When mine was closed I'd simply phone my FEO, if the land wasnt cleared she'd fire up google earth, we'd talk through the land and I'd get a yay or nay there and then...she knows her area very well.

Edited by thepasty

Not sure what you mean by "have land added to your FAC". Do you mean finding out if land has been cleared for your a particular caliber and if it hasn't been how do you get it cleared.

Yes thats what I was meaning, sorry I was under the impression it had to be on record all of the land you have permission to shoot on.

I'll email my FEO later tonight, with land details, the worst they can say is go and ask Gwent FEO I guess

Fruity I'm based out of Hereford but most of my shooting is in Gwent

Thanks

Mick

Edited by powler

Just rang Gwent firearms as West Mercia is closed in the afternoons, they asked me to contact West Mercia (emailed) who in turn will contact them and get them to assess the land. They said they like the licence holders local team to contact them.

Mick