All Change at Astley Gun Club

webber

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Always good to hear when a club is saved. Well done you guys.

Mark and I are continuing to pour time and investment into the clubs infrastructure. We are very appreciative of the support and effort expended by family and a small group of friends who continue to lend their effort at the regular work parties that we hold on the opposite Sundays to those that we shoot.

Members will see yet more improvements when they arrive on Sunday.

webber

Despite the heavy rain that was forecast it mainly held off.

Many thanks to Mark, Graeme

Marg and Colin we got most of the car park covered in planings making a vast improvement. It's still work in progress but is fine to use for our shoot on Sunday 15th November.

webber

Mark has been busy on his workshop building a prototype stand and prototype gun rack which will be trialed at the shoot on Sunday 29th November.

Colin, Gunner Gordon, Grandson Jacob and yours truely spent the day at the ground creating a new trap position and laying wood chip to improve the pathways. The job is ongoing, but eventually all the stands will be connected with a pathway.

webber

www.astleygunclub.co.uk

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

High gun for todays shoot was D. Mullen with 38 x 50.

The weather was quite kind with very little rain towards the end of the session.

Mark brought a couple more gun racks which were well received by members. Soon all the stands will have gun racks. The canopy will be completed in the new year as will the pathways.

We are looking forward to the 27th. December shoot. Lancashire Field Sports are holding their Christmas shoot with us. There will be prizes available for all those who participate.

webber

• 2 weeks later...

We wish a Merry Christmas and a Prosperous New Year from all at Rixton & Astley Shooting Club.

We've come a long way in just six months with much more planned for 2016.

Many thanks for your help and support.

Safe & Straight Shooting to all.

We look forward to meeting members old and new at the shoot on Sunday 27th. The weather forecast is decent.

webber

www.astleygunclub.co.uk

John - is the shoot still on tomorrow?

John - is the shoot still on tomorrow?

Gordons question and a search of the internet got the better of me.

Young webber and I have been to the shooting ground.

We left St. Helens at about 5pm, progress went well until we got to the Greyhound Island where we found the A580 East Lancs Road CLOSED.

We followed signs for Tylsley and then Astley and progressed through Higher Green; over the canal bridge and right at the roundabout and along the private road. I always use the private road as I usually have a trailer in tow.

The track to the ground is fine.

Martin and I walked the ground by torch light.

It's no wetter than the last time that we shot two weeks ago.

The work that we did on Wednesday to improve some of the pathways has proved to be beneficial.

The A580 closure will probable be lifted by the morning.

The weather forecast for Sunday is good.

webber