Android Smart TV Box

Lloyd90

Anyone got one ?

Ordered one recently. Apparently all the stuff is pre installed , plug it into the TV and it connects to the internet through the WiFi

Can stream all sorts of shows

Got fed up of the ridiculous molopoly run by sky and haven't had it for a while.

A few threads already on these.

Not as easy to find stuff to watch though. You really need to know what you want to watch and search rather than 'flicking' through the channels like sky.

For a one off payment of £43 I thought it was worth a crack.

What sky would cost for a month plus I'm young enough to get the hang of it.

Got it as a present for my old man so hopefully I can teach him how to get it going lol

I've had one for a year or so, and it was going well until two days ago, when it wiped itself clean during an update, I haven't got round to reimstalling it yet. It is customisable to your choice, an app allowing you to watch live tv can be installed, there's allsorts on there.

I've had mine for about the same time and yes they do havea habit of wiping themselves for no apparent reason. Once I've set up a good layout I save it to an external harddrive. Just reinstall when it wipes again.

Mostly use phoenix,navi x and genesis.

Ive got an android MX Q box,does 1080hd if you get the right stream.

Had it just over a year now,but had the older MX before that,for £60 you cant really go wrong,good for catching up on shows like Walking dead and Game of thrones.

Genesis is the one at the moment,but Showbox is easier to use.

Ive heard you can watch films on it too.... :whistling:

Were moving houst tomorrow and i'll be bummed if if i'm going to pay the £90 plus a month for sky that were paying now so I am looking for an alternative, can you record stuff off these boxes? or is it just view the one channel?

It isnt really a replacement for sky + or tivo.

I still have my tivo,but cut down to a medium package,so her indoors can still record Corrie ect.

You can download stuff to watch later,but Ive never bothered,just stream your show or film directly through your net connection (It needs a decent connection,I would say 10 mb minimum)

There are some quality issues on certain feeds,but its strength lies in watching those old shows or films youve always thought about watching but never got round to.

However ,theres not much that isnt available,if you want to watch last night steanders for example ,someone will have made it available.

And without the adverts.

I've got my cousin to set mine up.

Its a cross between sky , freeview and Netflix I would say.

I have an app that has listed programmes, like on Netflix, if you know the show you want to watch you select it, select the season an episode and it streams away. It also has the same for movies.

He's also added to it though so there are plenty of sky channels, although not all of them. If you wanted a specific channel and it's not there then your outta luck. I don't care as I am having loads of channels for free. Not looking for anything super specific.

After my cousins set it up I will have it home tonight, when I go back to uni I will get another one for my flat and hopefully I can teach the parents how to use it, although my cousins reckons there's a better chance of teaching my lab and my spaniel :hmm::huh: