Recommendations for charity shoot for McMillan cancer nurses

chairman

The last six months has been something I would never wish to experience again and to keep it short, I was diagnosed with bowel cancer in January and ten days later had surgery that was a success with all the tumour removed. Now I have six months of chemo and then with luck, should get a ticket for a minimum of five years.

The point of this post is to say how wonderful the McMillan nurses were in helping both me and my family come to terms with the dreaded C word and quite frankly, I am not to sure that I could have don't it without their support so, as I have to take the grand total of 1910 pills during the time on chemotherapy, I have decided to attempt to raise one pound for each pill and this is where the pigeon watch community come in.

I am the chairman and previous owner of a successful clay pigeon club in somerset and I want to organise a clay shoot to raise some of this money and I would love to hear your ideas as to what to include over and above the normal 50 bird sporting shoot.

So far I have considered an additional 10 to 20 mini one man flush and a light hearted attempt at the world record for breaking 25 clays,so over to you.

Any suggestion as to how you would consider a good way to part with your money would be gratefully received and if possible included within the shoot program.

There would obviously be prizes for top gun in each event and overall high gun.

Thanks for taking the time to read this post

Bob Thorne

Chairman

Have you got a local "Big name Shooter"? perhaps they could offer a shooting experience with them.

Offer this as a sealed bid, it could raise a lot of money.

You could also ask a few local Coaches to offer a free lesson with them.

If they have their thinking heads on, a free lesson could lead to paying lessons.

Look on the BASC, APSI and CPSA Web sites for your local Coaches.

Edited by bakerboy

Has it got to be a clay shoot ? There are several members on here who are in the position to offer a days pigeon shooting or stalking or game shooting for a donation to the charity . If this is the way to go I will offer a weekends guided pigeon shooting on the stubbles in Norfolk . Let's say for a £50 donation to the charity .

Harnser

Has it got to be a clay shoot ? There are several members on here who are in the position to offer a days pigeon shooting or stalking or game shooting for a donation to the charity . If this is the way to go I will offer a weekends guided pigeon shooting on the stubbles in Norfolk . Let's say for a £50 donation to the charity . That would be for one gun or for a father and young son .

Harnser

Has it got to be a clay shoot ? There are several members on here who are in the position to offer a days pigeon shooting or stalking or game shooting for a donation to the charity . If this is the way to go I will offer a weekends guided pigeon shooting on the stubbles in Norfolk . Let's say for a £50 donation to the charity .

Harnser

Has it got to be a clay shoot ? There are several members on here who are in the position to offer a days pigeon shooting or stalking or game shooting for a donation to the charity . If this is the way to go I will offer a weekends guided pigeon shooting on the stubbles in Norfolk . Let's say for a £50 donation to the charity . That would be for one gun or for a father and young son .

Harnser

I would be very glad to pay double that harnser :yes: and offer similar for fishing, or rabbits/geese here

Edited by islandgun