Moles

danny12w

Hi all,

got a 'slight' problem with moles in the garden at the moment & was looking at the podal mini mole traps.

can't seem to find anywhere to buy them online - does anyone either have any i could buy or know where to get them??

thanks

danny

• 2 weeks later...

If its just started and not very serious, man urine directed on your lawn side near but not on the holes will encourage them to move away from that area. I have seen this work and its apparently because they consider your donation is a big bad animal marking its territory.

Of course it a good idea to apply it in the dark unless you use a suitable receptacle. :)

If its just started and not very serious, man urine directed on your lawn side near but not on the holes will encourage them to move away from that area. I have seen this work and its apparently because they consider your donation is a big bad animal marking its territory.

Of course it a good idea to apply it in the dark unless you use a suitable receptacle. :)

my new trap arrived & ever since there hasn't been a single mole hill in sight. Don't think the wife will understand why I am using the garden as a toilet!!

A lot depends on soil type, weather conditions and other environmentl factors.

I use half barrel mole traps, a friend swears by talpex mole traps (they are good and easier to set)

It is relatively dry at the minute so the moles will be in longer undergrowth areas, when its dry they tend to leave shortly mown lawns.

They will probably come bck towards the autumn/early winter so keep the trap(s) and see what happens.

If you want advice from a pro pester please feel free to pm me.

A lot depends on soil type, weather conditions and other environmentl factors.

I use half barrel mole traps, a friend swears by talpex mole traps (they are good and easier to set)

It is relatively dry at the minute so the moles will be in longer undergrowth areas, when its dry they tend to leave shortly mown lawns.

They will probably come bck towards the autumn/early winter so keep the trap(s) and see what happens.

If you want advice from a pro pester please feel free to pm me.

thats great - thank you!!

well, after getting my new trap there was no sight of mole anywhere much to my dismay.

left home last week to go offshore Brazil & the wife sent me a picture this morning of a nice fresh mole hill in the garden.

told her to use the trap but don't think she is too keen, now just to see what havoc they will cause for four weeks while i am away. that shotgun down a mole hill sounds like a good idea!!