films that should be remade

neillfrbs

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nooooooooooooooooooo

the whole issue with Jaws was the shark looked awful so they had to shoot around it and use the camera as the shark which added suspense and tension that a CGI shark jumping out at us wouldn't

I think the only films that should be remade are ones where the technical things couldnt be realised for any reason and that modern tech would make it work

Any attempt to remake Jaws or Zulu would be pretty pointless. The originals are classics, irrespective of the level of special effects that were used in making them. If it ain`t broken . . .

With my wife being a Star Wars fanatic I would like to see them remade -------- BADLY

Already been done. Haven`t you seen episodes 1,2 and 3? ;)

The remake of Heat was a good remake, as was Tim Burtons remake of Willy Wonka (Charlie and the Chocolate Factory) and the horror classics such as Frankenstein, Dracula and The Mummy just get better and better......with exceptions.

Stallones Get Carter was dire, as was All Quiet on the Western Front, and even Tom Hanks couldn't save The Lavender Hill Mob whereas The Postman Always Rings Twice was a huge success, albeit mostly down to Jessica Lange and Jack Nicholsons sex scenes and Cape Fear was a cracking film, although I can't say it bettered Mitchums original. Jacksons King Kong (although a bit cliched) was superb.

I'd like to see a remake of The Battle of Britain; with todays CGI the aerial combat scenes would be something to remember, but don't let Spielberg direct it.

The only remake that I think exceeded the original was the version of The Thing with Kurt Russell.

Good call. :good:

Can't remember a remake which was a patch on the original.

Pretty much every Marval Super Hero film is much better compared to the originals now due to CGI and funding.

Erogon- because the inheritance cycle books where brillant and the **** first film curtailed any subsequent ones.

I would like to see a sequel to master and commander (of for that matter the kingdom of heaven)

I couldn't agree more!!!! What fantastic books. They had so much potential and the first film ruined it. Luckily for anyone who's interested they are all on Audibol now.