Nothing is sacred from thieving scum

loriusgarrulus

Cant of nothing these days with the scum a old man who lived next door to my friend saved up and retired .he bought a near new defender 110 a couple of years back it lasted a week outside on his drive and similar to above happened to his that scared to keep it got rid when he got the it sorted

Edited by Shooterluke

Yes i failed to include the word 'dont' ! Alpologies for the confusion. Kettle was boiling so i typed under presure !

I've had a conversation in the past with a tool thief, the concept of respecting other people's stuff is something they have no idea about, if they want it, they take it, or they royally **** it up in frustration if they can't get the padlock off.

there was no reasoning with such a mentality, only brute force seemed to get the point across.

I seem to recall a while ago putting loads of new bonnets on later defenders (the ones with the bulge in them)

So if you see an older defender with a new shape bonnet on it will a. probably be nicked and b.will have a one life live it sticker on it

Oh and the driver will be wearing arctic camo cargo shorts

I remember (vaguely) my first year of university, working on a house to office conversion in Marylebone, a gentleman was caught with 4 cordless makita drills making his way off the property.

We were all in the rat-infested sunless mudbowl, or "garden ", drinking tea and finishing lunch, and if one of the lads hadn't forgotten to sugar his tea,the chap would have gotten clean away.

This was in the days, Mid nineties, when a cordless drill was a serious expense,and they were like gold dust.

The gentleman was ushered into the garden by a chippie, a sparkie, and 2 labourers, and a brief but spirited discussion was initiated on the philosophy of property ownership. They argued their case vociferously, to the extent that the thief had no reply, though it could have been the broken jaw stopping his retort. He left the property (barely) under his own steam, chastened, and unlikely to steal again, at least until his arms were fixed.

Anyone who does that kind of damage, especially to a fleet of cars whose purpose is rescuing injured folk, deserves a similar lesson.