Expensive scrap metal

Michael170874

Just decided to buy a new daystate airranger in 177 first time out would not zero POI,kept shifting left then right.sent it back .Daystate had it two weeks then returned it saying the barell was faulty and they changed it.They even put a photocopie of a target grouping at 30 yds shot with my ranger ah ah ****,.took it out on range doing exactly the same in otherwords they ******* lied out their **** again.took it back and told the dealer i wanted my money back.just been intouch with several guys who had the same issue with their rangers and Daystate lied to them too what is wrong with this ******* company set of ******** .they charge the most of any maker around but produce the biggest pile of ****. Go buy one at your peril

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I recon 8-10 !

Have to say I have got two and had a third, None have ever missed a beat !

You should also read the reports on some of the other brands, one guy i shoot with his HW100 went back two or three times before they just replaced the whole rifle.

ATB

Matt

Daystate!!!! Never! i would'nt believe it :lol::lol: Saying that the amount of unhappy customers who have bought new airguns lately and have quality issues. Seems prevalent now. Why? a couple of reasons i think. 1 quality has took a nose dive over recent times with manufacturers choosing to source components from outside suppliers because its cheaper!!! often these components are inferior because of this. Profit over quality imo and 2 PCP's in particular are just getting too blooming complicated. Electronic triggers!!! :rolleyes: For gods sake this is supposed to be shooting. An Electronic trigger on something that does'nt recoil :lol: Sorry but just not my cup of tea. A quality spring gun and a few pellets and away you go. And i'm sorry but before anyone pops up and says pcps are the way to go because they're more accurate, thats simply not true. A quality spring gun, particularly a tuned variety can be and is in fact just as accurate in capable hands than all these all singing all dancing pcp things. True a few new springers are leaving the factories with quality issues and finding their way into the airgunning publics hands but they are by their very nature simpler beasts and easier to remedy.

At the end of the day though should you choose to buy one of these expensive pcp offerings from Daystate or whoever, for the money you are paying the product should be spot on and if its not then it should rectified at first shout. Poor products and poor after sales is simply not good enough.

I sincerely hope the OP gets the problem sorted to his satisfaction :good:

ATB,

Pat

Whilst being an avid hater of Daystates I must disagree with the post regarding electronic triggers-I thought that it was a gimmick until I tried one on a MK3-there is simply nothing out there that will out perform them and you need to try one to feel the difference-that said I still think that Daystate are the DeLorean of the Airgun world-any company that limits output to increase prices are not engineers-simply bankers (feel free to select an alternative first letter).

Got my old Mk 3 FTR sat in the cupboard right now with a knacked board.

Great gun for 15 years until it died,price of the parts to repair it £450 !

Thats one main board,a new solenoid (because the newer boards are incompatible with my solenoid) and new batteries.

The gun only cost £1100 when it was new.

To be honest I think they are too high tech, a brilliant concept but as you mention the cost of repair is just too much. Compare the simple HW80 and its life span to the super dooper do it all air rifles mentioned, you say your Mk3 is now useless without spending 450 after 15 years. Look at a HW80 after 30 years or any other simple springer for that matter.

To be honest I think they are too high tech, a brilliant concept but as you mention the cost of repair is just too much. Compare the simple HW80 and its life span to the super dooper do it all air rifles mentioned, you say your Mk3 is now useless without spending 450 after 15 years. Look at a HW80 after 30 years or any other simple springer for that matter.

I agree,what riles me is everything else is perfect with the gun.

I spoke to daystate and asked if they could repair the board or if they had some second hand parts,they were not interested at all.

Maybe if I thought the company would be more helpful and stand by its product,I would think on a new gun from them.

In the end I got myself one of those Walther Rotex R 8 s for £400 ,not a bad choice at all.

i had similar issues with my wolverine, so i got a couple of different tins of pellets and found huge differences, air arms pellets gave a group of several inches, i found jsb pellts gave me a half inch (ish) group at 35 yards. i have no doubt with the correct scope it would tighten up but im using an xsight so the clarity isnt up to optical scopes standards