Expensive scrap metal

Michael170874

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For a pop gun.. :lol:

I admit they have their uses, but way way over priced.. :yes:

Same could be said for a Silver Pigeon at £1500. Some people pay over £20k for a shotgun which is essentially a tube bolted to a plank, and it will work just as well as a £100 Baikal.

i agree with Evo , my fac airranger is faultless and knocks bunnies over

day in and out,infact i was out the last two evenings and bagged several bunnies

also my huntsman classic .20 cal is a faultless performer

and my crowning pinnacle my fac wolverine .303 is awesome, bunnies die of fright

when they know 50.15 grains of lead are headed in there direction!!!!!

atb brian

You hear the marketing man behind calling it the 303!

Just bigger is better syndrome.

My trusty 97 got me a nice head shot rabbit at 50 odd strides off hand. No twang, no leaks, not pellet fussy, no shot counting, no magazine to lose or break. And not much cash!

but you got skills.....

but you got skills.....

sorry thought you said " you got skint ",,,,,, reason for owning a springer ?

like it or not but multishot pcp is the way to go for hunting these days, totally effortless and you don't need parkinsons to be a good shot lol

Why would a PCP not last as long as a spring gun?-the few moving parts are under little pressure and hardly move-as long as you use clean air then corrosion is no more than any other gun and all the seals together cost pennies. BTW-the Challenger could only have been 5 years old when you got it, chris1961, I have bogies on my pillow older than that :whistling: ps-mate has an Air Arms SM100 that looks like new-he reckons it was made in the early 90's?

Edited by bruno22rf

Keep you're pcps I'll stick with my old bsa murcury challandger 177 kill bunnies! At a decent range I've had it 25 years never missed a beat and it was old when I bought it will a pcp still be going strong at say 40 years I think not

what do you call a decent range ??? probably 20yrds,

will pcp,s still be going in 40 yrs ? certainly will because people like me don't abuse them,,certainly last my lifetime,lol

like it or not but multishot pcp is the way to go for hunting these days, totally effortless and you don't need parkinsons to be a good shot lol

I know exactly what you mean but a great springer is a joy to use and hunt with. I know the PCP is easier to be more accurate with and may put more bunnies in the bag but it's not all about numbers. I do use both and each has it's place.

If I am really serious about bunnies in the bag, it has to be the HMR!

Not at all, bought the 97 before the dolly sold.

Dollies are for those that have run out of excuses and over inflated egos.

Most of the time I see blow up dollies with bipods or the operator uses sticks. What's up? These rifles only work over about fifty yards! Can't you shoot man?

U.

UD ,,, so you are saying everyone whom uses a pcp has an over inflated ego ???

I,used a hw80 for long enough and it was awesome and it accounted for many a bunny amongst other things,, but my personal opinion is there is too much faffing about with a springer, a 10 shot pcp is simplicity in itself,, it certainly makes hunting easier and you also have the added bonus of having a follow on shot,,,if needed,

I hear people moaning about lugging bottles about, when infact this is not the case, I fill my rifle up with air and can take it out probably 10 - 15 times before contemplating filling it up again,, when hunting its just a matter of pulling the trigger and job done,,

I agree springers have their place but times have moved on and have advanced so much it unreal,

if using a bipod improves your kill ratio then sorry mate I cant see what your problem is,if using sticks improves your kill ratio then why call people whom use them ??? sensible hunters springs to mind

over inflated ego,,,,,,sorry that's not me,,,,,,,,,serious hunter,,,,,,well that is

I totally agree with malkiserow when he says " but a great springer is a joy to use and hunt with " and " I do use both and each has it's place." now that was a sensible honest unsarcastic reply

atb to you UD

UD ,,, so you are saying everyone whom uses a pcp has an over inflated ego ???

I,used a hw80 for long enough and it was awesome and it accounted for many a bunny amongst other things,, but my personal opinion is there is too much faffing about with a springer, a 10 shot pcp is simplicity in itself,, it certainly makes hunting easier and you also have the added bonus of having a follow on shot,,,if needed,

I hear people moaning about lugging bottles about, when infact this is not the case, I fill my rifle up with air and can take it out probably 10 - 15 times before contemplating filling it up again,, when hunting its just a matter of pulling the trigger and job done,,

I agree springers have their place but times have moved on and have advanced so much it unreal,

if using a bipod improves your kill ratio then sorry mate I cant see what your problem is,if using sticks improves your kill ratio then why call people whom use them ??? sensible hunters springs to mind

over inflated ego,,,,,,sorry that's not me,,,,,,,,,serious hunter,,,,,,well that is

I totally agree with malkiserow when he says " but a great springer is a joy to use and hunt with " and " I do use both and each has it's place." now that was a sensible honest unsarcastic reply

atb to you UD

No not at all, some just get sucked into thinking they should only ever consider a dollie if they want to ever be a serious hunter. Usually with quips about the way forward and or better kill ratios, terrible twang, lack of money or it makes sense these days! Edited by Underdog

No not at all, some just get sucked into thinking they should only ever consider a dollie if they want to ever be a serious hunter. Usually with quips about the way forward and or better kill ratios, terrible twang, lack of money or it makes sense these days!

well I agree with all those points