New build punt

Old farrier

OF what can i say , when reading this from the start i thought it was great but now you chuck teaching the youngsters into it and im gobsmacked (no comments lads ) both you and the youngsters should feel very proud of yourselves :yes: .

Speak soon Rob

Thanks mate

There doing well and I'm sure they'll apreciate the kind comments 😋

Anyway it's keeping them out of trouble 😙

Well until its afloat then there's going to be some keel hauling and hanging from the yard arm 😂

All the best

Of

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking great OF. Such a shame that practicality deems that the punt should be painted as there was some lovely wood used in the making and some really good work done by the lads and yourself in the joinery so a shame not to be able to show that off.

You do have the photographs to show what was done and some brilliant memories by all involved too and that makes up for it I guess.

Looking great OF. Such a shame that practicality deems that the punt should be painted as there was some lovely wood used in the making and some really good work done by the lads and yourself in the joinery so a shame not to be able to show that off.

You do have the photographs to show what was done and some brilliant memories by all involved too and that makes up for it I guess.

The kids have loads of pictures a portfolio each project work acceptable as work based evidence for job interviews and collage placement in the future we hope

Anyway a few memories and the paint covers the few slight glitches

Although hard to put linen on deck without paint maybee try some with varnish on a test piece

Thanks for your kind comments

All the best

Of

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks the lads are chuffed 😋😋

Bit to do before we put it in the water had to take monody of the fittings off to get it out so refit them and set up the trailer and touch up the odd scuff on the paint

Don't worry I will put up a few pictures

A name now there's a funny thing this one had one before it was started

Did think of a fundraising sweep but the powers that be didn't seem to think it was the best idea 😩

So there you go a bit of wood a idea a few kids and this is there result 😋

I'm afraid you'll have to wait a little while for the name 😚😊

Anyway yo all that have followed the thread and the build

Many thanks for your support and encouragement throughout the project

And we hope it may have inspired some to have a go at something outside there normal comfort zone

All the very best

Of