Windows Scam

keg

Oh boy have i had some fun for the last 30 mins kept them going with the "where is the power switch" It was when i asked if it was next to the Apple logo that got them.

Would have kept them longer but need to work.

Was back in the UK last month visiting my parents place when the phone rang.

Was a gentleman with a certain Indian accent claiming to be 'Dave from Microsoft' and need to address some security issues with my PC.

When I said I very much doubted his name was Dave and that he most certainly wasn't from Microsoft he hung up....

When I asked my folks it's apparently a common occurance -- ****

I had a phone call this morning from a lovely girl, African sounding, calling herself Eve and telling me she was from the Ministry of Justice and terrible things were going to happen to me.

I was in a hurry and had to bring an abrupt end to the call so now i am left wondering what the terrible things may be :hmm:

Maybe the SNP had gotten wind of my disparaging comments towards them and I am to be fed to the nationalist sausage machine.

Normally the people from the Ministry of Justice wish to offer me tens of millions of pounds, although that is normally via email, this call must have been serious.

It's about time a law was brought in to stop people calling you or knocking on your door.I have a PAYG SIM card I pop in my phone when I use compare websites and this is the number they are left with.Once I am done the sim gets removed so I don't get bothered by all the trash they pass my number to.If they manage to get hold of my other number I don't answer to anyone not listed in my phone book unless I have my crow caller or duck caller to hand.

Edited by Davyo

compare the market and that other comparison web site are the worst for selling on details .

last year I decided to do a car insurance search via them and put my mrs mobile number in as a contact ...............low and behold a few days later all the usual ppi ....." you have been involved in a non fault accident " the hearing loss call etc etc started ..........but prior to filling it in on those sites she had NEVER received any of those calls .

back to OP my close mates elderly sister got the call but unfortunately fell for it and followed the instructions given over the phone ..............and then wondered why £500 had disapeared from her bank account

Edited by hodge911

Have had several ' my name is being Dave from MS' oh yea says I what do you want. "There is being a problem with your computer, Microsoft says..yadayada etc. Don't have MS I reply; I run Linux or Apple Mac or whatever, response..............click buzzzzzzzzzzz