Roedale Precision

reggiegun

Dealt with them extensively a couple of months ago - very helpful, prompt service.

I believe he had a string of family crises a few years back which dented his reputation but they are very much up are running again now.

The number listed at http://wp.roedale.de/en/hauptmenue/topmenu/contact/always got answered when I rang it.

I've just checked the website and there is a news item you may want to read....................

Dealt with them extensively a couple of months ago - very helpful, prompt service.

I believe he had a string of family crises a few years back which dented his reputation but they are very much up are running again now.

The number listed at http://wp.roedale.de/en/hauptmenue/topmenu/contact/always got answered when I rang it.

I've just checked the website and there is a news item you may want to read....................

That wasn't on 4 months ago when he took £500 of my mates hard earned cash! You would think they would let people no what's happening.

Well yes you're right - most problems in life are down to a lack of communication. Did your friend pay by card? He might be able to get it back under the protection terms that either visa or direct debit have.

Hope they get things sorted for him...........

There's a debate on the SD that was closed recently to do with this company. The customer has the police involved now and not a good read.

Andrew

How do people run a business like this. If you take someone's money and don't supply goods, ignore emails and will not refund money. Surely they should be done for fraud

• 4 weeks later...

Very Simple.

Pre Order basis is exactly that, a Pre Order for an Item from the next production batch for which no time frame of delivery can be given, it is explained in detail in the terms and conditions.

Not reading or understanding the terms and conditions on the customers part is not a reflection on the quality of the product or service on the vendors part.

I do however appologise of the poor communication, the reason for this is that we are a team of 3 full time and one part time staff and as such only offer a part time telephone support service.

We support and deal with thousands of customers and often get overwehlmed with questions that, if the customer would take the time to read our website and webshop, need never be asked.

These unnessecary phone calls clog up the communication for customers with valid questions.

In addition to that, in April this year there was a heating system malfunction in the building where our shop is (was) situated. The whole of the lower level of the building, which includes the cellar area, 2 appartments and the lower part of our shop ( which is the work area, security room, kitchen and toilet) where flooded. This caused a 55thousand € damage to goods on shelf and severly hampered our operation. Damaged goods cannot be sold, replacement goods could not be stored. Also a particularly toxic form of mold grew very rapidly on the walls and in the flooring. We had to close the shop and needed move everything out very rapidly, but where to, suitable gun shops do not excist on every street corner, so the search for an alternative building ensued, but not before all 3 full time staff had suffered from the effects of the mold and where written off sick. A new building has been found and we began the move at the end of May. Each and every item had to be cleaned to remove and spores from the mold, quite a time consuming operation, also the new building had to be brought up to the required security standard, which meant the latest standard in security doors and barred windows, alarm fitting, cameras etc. Work is still in progress on the stages of sorting goods, tools and machines into the new location.

We have done our best to provide sales support throughout this time but for obviouse reasons its been and will be for a couple more weeks, rather less than satisfactory.

Elk hunter makes reference to a campaign of discreditation which has recently been started by a couple of Croatians, It will suffice for me to say that there are 2 sides to every story, and once again, reading terms and conditions before you sign a contract is most advisable. 90% or our rifle build customers happily wait for the one of a kind rifle to be finished, 5% moan and groan but wait anyhow, 5% get loud and type away on forums. The issue does not come down to our service or quality of product but is dependent on the mentality of the induvidual customer, John Lydgate wrote “You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”. and he was right. I do however flatly refuse to deal with customers who don't keep appointments on numerous occasions and who threaten me and my staff with violence. I have a Lawyer who deals with that sort for me, and she is currently dealing with this issue.

We do our best in a difficult job and I think there are several instances on this forum that document our bending over backwards to help and support customers..

Thankyou for reading. Pete

Very Simple.

Pre Order basis is exactly that, a Pre Order for an Item from the next production batch for which no time frame of delivery can be given, it is explained in detail in the terms and conditions.

Not reading or understanding the terms and conditions on the customers part is not a reflection on the quality of the product or service on the vendors part.

well, this shakes it up a bit now doesn't it?

in all fairness, if the terms and conditions do quite clearly state that these bits are on a pre order basis then that's fair enough. you cant really come on here, or anywhere for that matter, and slate them for not getting it turned around quick enough.

BUT, judging by the rest of the reply from peteDE, I do think that their customer service could do with an overhaul.

granted, their may have been unavoidable issues due to an unfortunate set of events, but in such times your customers need to know in black and white what is going on.

at the very least a phone call or email explaining the situation to every waiting customer would have probably smoothed things over somewhat.

the phrase "six of one and half a dozen of the other" springs to mind...

lets hope everything gets sorted out soon, for all parties.

I sent a .243 to Roedale a few years back to get re barrelled...the project grew, turned into a unique "Tikka Dangerzone .260" one of a kind with AI bottom metal and a S&B 4-16x50. The build took a few months more tha quoted...but part of that was me changing spec mid build. I had expected 4 months from order to delivery, it took 6 1/2, the gun has been flawless, I was/am delighted with the job done. I've shot a **** load of stuff with it...between deer/fox/crows I stopped counting at 1000+ kills...total rounds 4k+ and still groups 1/2 m.o.a. easily. Custom parts take time, if you can't wait, don't order custom!!!

I sent a .243 to Roedale a few years back to get re barrelled...the project grew, turned into a unique "Tikka Dangerzone .260" one of a kind with AI bottom metal and a S&B 4-16x50. The build took a few months more tha quoted...but part of that was me changing spec mid build. I had expected 4 months from order to delivery, it took 6 1/2, the gun has been flawless, I was/am delighted with the job done. I've shot a **** load of stuff with it...between deer/fox/crows I stopped counting at 1000+ kills...total rounds 4k+ and still groups 1/2 m.o.a. easily. Custom parts take time, if you can't wait, don't order custom!!!

Do keep up mate, the part ordered was a stock first orders on 3 week delivery. No one is questioning he quality, just his poor after sales service and non delivery of items.

My mate waited almost 6 months, asked for his money back and had no reply so had to get his money back through the credit card company.

Edited by reggiegun