Travellers

955i

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems to be not so much the fault of the travellers but more the fault of the powers that be ! If they know they can get away with it then they will, that's nature.

Just because you have a fair chance of getting away with it, doesn't mean you have to do it.

These so called 'travellers' should be dealt with properly, though. I went to work one day where the 'travellers' broke into the site (Pumping station).

Their camp was next door and was subject to the worst littering I have seen anywhere. They kindly robbed the place of oil and replaced it with a nice **** on the floor. Charming! Did the local police want to know? Of course not.

A load of foreign 'travellers' recently turned up (30ish caravans) and 'lived' on the Hardwick roundabout in Kings Lynn. They enjoyed a nice stay. If I so much as pitched a tent there, I would be instantly moved on.

When I lived in Bucks a load of travellers turned up at Hughenden Park, a beautiful park that was part of the Prime Minister Benjamin Disraeli country estate. They occupied an area close to the fenced of children's playarea, fenced so dogs could not go in. They decided to use this area as a toilet, and a lot of the park a no go area for some weeks. They not only left a mess but the children's area needed to have a special team come in and clean it all suited up with breathing kit on. Not somewhere I took my kids for a long while after.

I do not understand how they can just do as they like without any evidence of intervention by the authorities. As someone has pointed out if I drove across this old and beautiful Park and decided to live there I would be moved away very quickly. There need to be rules in place so if they arrive on privately owned land they can be moved on by force if necessary the same day.

Edited by rimfire4969

Just because you have a fair chance of getting away with it, doesn't mean you have to do it.

These so called 'travellers' should be dealt with properly, though. I went to work one day where the 'travellers' broke into the site (Pumping station).

Their camp was next door and was subject to the worst littering I have seen anywhere. They kindly robbed the place of oil and replaced it with a nice **** on the floor. Charming! Did the local police want to know? Of course not.

A load of foreign 'travellers' recently turned up (30ish caravans) and 'lived' on the Hardwick roundabout in Kings Lynn. They enjoyed a nice stay. If I so much as pitched a tent there, I would be instantly moved on.

Yes but when they moved on there was no litter or excrement!

These ****** are not so good neighbours in Ireland either. I recently visited some friends in Newbridge, Co Kildare. He took me on a tour of the town. Small bungalows with large gardens were the pie keys purchase target. The gardens then tarmacked over for a large car park for their vans. Where no apparent access ways are available they bring in a JCB and create their own. Businesses set up in said bungalows. None of it with any planning permission or abiding by the rules or byelaws. Neighbours who complain are threatened. And the authorities, both local council and Garda, do nothing. A complete blot on the landscape.

The law is a complete **** and the powers that be havent the balls to deal with the problem.Motorists and generally law abiding citizens are easier to deal with so why would they pursue a harder target?

We havent near the problem up here that a lot of folks have but they are still a blot on the landscape with hygiene skills below that of a warthog.

We have anti littering laws and such,and can you imagine how long we would get away with throwing oor **** at the front door and leaving it for someone else to deal with?Not long at all.

So why one rule for us and another for them?

Most of the vehicles such as Vogues, Mercs, etc are only leased for the duration of the fair. You will not see one of these such vehicles with a private plate nor one with a date older than the present year. All the high spec' end vehicles on the hill this year were 2015 plated.

Fair enough,What about the 20 grand caravan or 20 grand Transit ??

I thought if the police stopped you and you had more than £1000 in cash it was upto you to prove where it had come from ??

Most of the ones I've seen like to carry a wad that would choke a donkey.

Fair enough,What about the 20 grand caravan or 20 grand Transit ??

I thought if the police stopped you and you had more than £1000 in cash it was upto you to prove where it had come from ??

Most of the ones I've seen like to carry a wad that would choke a donkey.

Don't get me wrong, there are wealthy ones also. Some have well established businesses back home. Cash is king remember? :)

I have seen kids with a wad that would choke a donkey pay for a Mars bar with a £20 note and say keep the change.

A farmer not too far away from me turned up on his field that they had settled on in a JCB Digger, He asked they quite politely to move,

They did.

This was witnessed by the police quite a few of them and 2 fire tenders.. Once he had moved them off his land he just said to the police,

"that's how you do it"

He did originally threaten to torch them, but I think he had slept on that idea and decided that it wouldn't be good for his reputation, or his conscience.

Have you noticed the "Police aren't scared" brigade haven't replied to the question of why an ordinary motorist would be prosecuted, and vehicle immediately impounded, if found driving over playing fields, yet our travelling friends can tow caravans over them?

I have a very good friend who is a JP, preciding on case in the not to distant past, a local farmer got fed up with diesel theft, so filled one of the tanks with water.

They chiselled holes in all three tanks, and kicked the bejesus out of him on his doorstep, and threatened to burn his house down with his children in it.

JP had no choice but to bail, on GBH, and threats to kill. Never seen again. They get 'shipped' about when they've been too naughty.

Because you live in a house you're not likely to disappear like they do should be locked up when caught breaking the law

See my post......

JP had no choice but to bail, on GBH, and threats to kill. Never seen again. They get 'shipped' about when they've been too naughty.

Can someone please explain why? GBH will surely carry the prospect of a lengthy jail term, therefore as the JP should have and WILL have known the offender/s of no fixed abode as in this case may take the opportunity not to return, therefore I would politely suggest he had every opportunity to remand, and took the easy non confrontational option which is exactly why we rather than the authorities have to tolerate these rat bags.

KW

One of my fellow beat keepers back in the day suffered serious threats from some we caught poaching ( head keeper had previously shot one of their dogs ). I can't say his way of dealing with the threat is for a public forum but golly it was effective .seems for some the only language they understand ( no one was hurt )

Strangely my Son got asked to "chat" to a squaddie who was drunk outside a nightclub last night,turns out he was a traveller so son got police to issue a dispersal order,his 2 brothers then turned up and were arguing.......long story short they ended up at the railway station, 7 police my Son and his partner,one of the travellers rushed a a PC and my Son intervened and took him down,the police just asked them to move on,then one tried again to attack a PC and son caught him again and as he swept his legs he went down with the traveller on top,Son had a struggle,and was about to throw the traveller when his partner knocked the traveller off,all the time a WPC was stood next to my Son asking the traveller to stop and get off ,none of the pc's made any effort to help even though my son had stopped the traveller attacking one of them twice.No arrests made.

I am sure if i raised my fist to a PC i would be in a cell faster than i can type this little tale.

Edited by welsh1

generally a very unpleasant section of society, that said the women have a few redeeming features

Not being funny mate some of them are quite nice looking but look at the colour of their feet.

If the feet are that mucky can you imagine the state of the lady garden :no:

Have you noticed the "Police aren't scared" brigade haven't replied to the question of why an ordinary motorist would be prosecuted, and vehicle immediately impounded, if found driving over playing fields, yet our travelling friends can tow caravans over them?

Its because as usual the pigeon watch massive know best. They always know best on subjects they are not experts on and it's like talking to a brick wall.

But to answer your question its is likely if you drive other than on a road but have a licence, insurance and the car is taxed your car would not be seized. There would most likely be no power to seize it. If you were driving in an antisocial manner there are powers under section 59 but that covers vehicles on the road also and is used to deal with cruisers and kids being idiots on mopeds and things like that. You could be prosecuted or could have a ticket issued.

If travellers drove over parks or green spaces to get their cars vans they would probably not get done for it however if they started doing donuts and driving in a dangerous of antisocial manner they probably would.

Driving other than on a road is in the offence code book and if you parked your car on a grass verge you could get a ticket for it.

Half of the parents picking up from my kids school could get a ticket for it but they don't!

Happy bitching pigeon watch!

Its because as usual the pigeon watch massive know best. They always know best on subjects they are not experts on and it's like talking to a brick wall.

But to answer your question its is likely if you drive other than on a road but have a licence, insurance and the car is taxed your car would not be seized. There would most likely be no power to seize it. If you were driving in an antisocial manner there are powers under section 59 but that covers vehicles on the road also and is used to deal with cruisers and kids being idiots on mopeds and things like that. You could be prosecuted or could have a ticket issued.

If travellers drove over parks or green spaces to get their cars vans they would probably not get done for it however if they started doing donuts and driving in a dangerous of antisocial manner they probably would.

Driving other than on a road is in the offence code book and if you parked your car on a grass verge you could get a ticket for it.

Half of the parents picking up from my kids school could get a ticket for it but they don't!

Doesn't s59 just relate to antisocial use of a vehicle? Driving over parks to me is antisocial.

You have a tough job being a police officer, you don't have to defend yourself, but it's obvious that the 'majority' on here seem ****** off with the lax treatment our travelling friends are privy to.

Can someone please explain why? GBH will surely carry the prospect of a lengthy jail term, therefore as the JP should have and WILL have known the offender/s of no fixed abode as in this case may take the opportunity not to return, therefore I would politely suggest he had every opportunity to remand, and took the easy non confrontational option which is exactly why we rather than the authorities have to tolerate these rat bags.

KW

I agree, I can absolutely tell you the JP was instructed by the recorder that bail was sufficient. I'm not suggesting the courts are scared of them, it's the way it works apparently.

:) It's nothing personal, but after 50 odd years of first hand experience of seeing how the police treat the travelling fraternity and those who aren't of the travelling fraternity, it tends to colour your perception, and as unfair and as unreasonable as I know that to be ( not all gypsies are **** believe it or not ) it does tend to stick in the craw after a certain amount of time.

If anyone wants first hand accounts of the inequalities of the application of the law between gypsies and locals, let me know; it's quite a list.

Its to do with the fact that they feel they can't win I suspect. The travellers are able to run rings round the police

How do you sent a court summons to somebody who hasn't got a permanent address, for example?

You lock em up under P.A.C.E. The problem is they are then bailed upon their first Court appearance, obviously never to be seen again ! A bit like the Illegal Immigrants really. Can not see the point in going to all the trouble of locking them up, only to bail and release them again. Bit of a waste of time and resources really.

:) It's nothing personal, but after 50 odd years of first hand experience of seeing how the police treat the travelling fraternity and those who aren't of the travelling fraternity, it tends to colour your perception, and as unfair and as unreasonable as I know that to be ( not all gypsies are **** believe it or not ) it does tend to stick in the craw after a certain amount of time.

If anyone wants first hand accounts of the inequalities of the application of the law between gypsies and locals, let me know; it's quite a list.

Travellers, immigrants, black people, benefit claimants, muslims, hoodie wearing youths, MP's or people who are generally better off than you.....doesn't matter who it is the majority of PW members still think they are hard done by and the government, police, NHS, housing associations or whoever else are to blame.

Same old same old.