permission

rayhallam

sent about 20 letters out to local farmers asking for shooting permission, had one letter back saying rights already let and have been for some years. had a phone call from one farmer who has a lot of land saying he's covered at the moment but would keep me on record and could be ringing me towards winter. i'll keep my fingers crossed still. waiting for any more. i did include a s.a.e with my letter to help for replys even if it's not favourable at least i'll know where i stand :good::good::good::good:

yep agree face to face is always the best way, a few farmers my way have no problem letting you shoot anything- crows, woodcock, pigeons , rabbits etc etc but some of the odd farmers who are iffy about giving permisson i find if you say your after foxes they let you on straight away and then once youve been a time or two you can work on them by getting on to shoot other quarry usualy works for me :good:

sent about 20 letters out to local farmers asking for shooting permission, had one letter back saying rights already let and have been for some years. had a phone call from one farmer who has a lot of land saying he's covered at the moment but would keep me on record and could be ringing me towards winter. i'll keep my fingers crossed still. waiting for any more. i did include a s.a.e with my letter to help for replys even if it's not favourable at least i'll know where i stand :good::good::lol::lol:

Good luck mate Im in the same boat as you I have now given up hope and what really breaks my heart is some complete ar****le locally has open permission on about 30 acres including a duckpond totally free. To make things worse he leaves all spent cartridges where they fall and believe it or not uses plastic wad even though the land is sometime grazed

I am 50 years old with basc insurance and even offered my trade (sparkie) as a sweetner but still no joy.

Keep trying mate you may get that lucky break.

sent about 20 letters out to local farmers asking for shooting permission, had one letter back saying rights already let and have been for some years. had a phone call from one farmer who has a lot of land saying he's covered at the moment but would keep me on record and could be ringing me towards winter. i'll keep my fingers crossed still. waiting for any more. i did include a s.a.e with my letter to help for replys even if it's not favourable at least i'll know where i stand :lol::) :( :lol:

dont bother with letters, as you know where the farms are ( 20 of them ) get knocking on the farmers door, be sure to take your cert and insurance with you, also a photostat copy which you can leave with the farmer, this will look much more profesional to the farmer, go at a sensible time, you dont want to interupt his dinner, and dont turn up looking like a tramp. this works for me, i,v picked up 2 farms in the last 7 weeks, and never give up trying . :lol:

Hi Guys I have been watching this thread and have taken onboard all that has been said, Face to face is the way to go, and have business type card as well. Also have an ordnance survey map with you and tick off each farm as you go.

My plan was to Divide the countryside in to areas and then go out and knock on doors, Most farmers are good and will tell you if they have any one shooting and others will tell you that they are not interested. You just have to be resilient and strong and move to the next one. After my third outing I got my break and got two shoots in two knocks.

If you would like a card please e-mail: Steve @ adaptgraphics.com he charges about £15 for 100