Deputy mayor of Calais say's its down to us?

kdubya

Apparently the problems in Calais with thousands of immigrants invading the town in their efforts to cross to England, are our problem and the deputies mayor's exact words are they should not be stopped till Dover and good luck to them in their efforts? whats the bet some agreement is soon reached to allow some in.

KW

Edited by kdubya

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest rimotu66

I quite agree, it is our problem and will only be sorted when we stop giving free hand outs to anyone that is not born in the UK and has shown proof that they have tried to find work and is happy to live by the UK's laws and standards of free speech.

Well the problem IS us! there is no doubt about that. The migrants travel through god knows how many countries, none of the countries give them SFA, just to get to us. The land of free money.

We are the crock of gold at the end of their rainbow.

DONT FEED THE PIGEONS MIGRANTS

Edited by Vince Green

Guest rimotu66

Well the problem IS us! there is no doubt about that. The migrants travel through god knows how many countries, none of the countries give them SFA to get to us. The land of free money.

We are the crock of gold at the end of their rainbow.

DONT FEED THE PIGEONS MIGRANTS

Kind of what I said :good:

Aye....but the French have a tradition of not being able to keep foreign invaders from getting as far as the channel ports

Actually, if you read up the history of what the French did at Verdun in WW1 to hold back the Germans and what it cost them in losses you would have nothing but respect for them. They literally sacrificed a generation.

Had they not held back the Germans in the way they did, and at such a cost to both sides the British lines would have been over run in days and the war would have been over in weeks

Massive respect for the French

The cheeses eating surrender monkeys was a comment ascribed to Bart Simpson but was actualllly part of the Bush administration's attempt to play down the French view that the invasion of Iraq was illegal. History has now upheld that view and many hold Bush / Blair as war criminals. An interesting thought for Tony Blair when he wakes up every morning, is this the day I get arrested and taken to the Hague?

That day will come, be ready Tony

When we change the benefits system things may change. An Algerian acquaintance said something along the lines as when migrants here about the £70 odd quid they would get per week and convert it into their own currency they believe it to be a fortune. However no one tells them the cost of living…...

Actually, if you read up the history of what the French did at Verdun in WW1 to hold back the Germans and what it cost them in losses you would have nothing but respect for them. They literally sacrificed a generation.

Had they not held back the Germans in the way they did, and at such a cost to both sides the British lines would have been over run in days and the war would have been over in weeks

One swallow does not make summer.

It's a shame the French Army mutinied afterwards, as the French were always an English whipping boy until the Franco Prussian war. And the Great War. And the Second World War.

Still, we're all allies now...

The Italian government suggested they will issue "temporary" passports to move their immigrants on if they don't get help, whats stopping the french doing just that, the thousands of immigrants sat in Calais could then just legitimately walk on the first boat across.

I would have thought Sweden, Norway, Finland or Holland would be more of an attraction they have good social services, i don't total buy the "they are all just sat around drawing state cash" i think the attraction of the UK over other countries is its seen as a place hard work is rewarded i think the majority want to work, the problem with that is their minimum wage is probably about £2.50 an hour which for unscrupulous employers is a lovely attraction.

The cheeses eating surrender monkeys was a comment ascribed to Bart Simpson but was actualllly part of the Bush administration's attempt to play down the French view that the invasion of Iraq was illegal. History has now upheld that view and many hold Bush / Blair as war criminals. An interesting thought for Tony Blair when he wakes up every morning, is this the day I get arrested and taken to the Hague?

Well said that man, its a kinda lazy and ill researched comment "cheese eating blah blah..." The French sacrificed a hell of a lot in WW1.

I think it's you who needs to research some WW1 history, as for "holding back the Germans" they were coming close to collapse and insisted on a major offensive from the British to relieve the pressure. That offensive was the Somme where 60,000 British & Commonwealth soldiers became casualties on the first day of whom just under 20,000 were killed. There were 750,000 Commonwealth soldiers involved in that battle on day 1, I doubt that they would have been "overrun in days" but granted if the French has collapsed the Western Front would have been a very different place.

My grandad once asked me "do you know what yellow paints made from?" No grandad "well ill tell you,its the sweat off a french mans back!"he certainly had a way with words :-) anyway back on topic i do believe it is partly our fault that these feral people want to come here because we treat immigrants far too nice.this country has been a soft touch for too long and as such were seen as spineless by the rest of the world.We need to learn from the french and be just as awkward as they are and give them nothing,and if any make it here then give them a good kicking before they get shipped back to the french coast in a landing craft.

I think it's you who needs to research some WW1 history, as for "holding back the Germans" they were coming close to collapse and insisted on a major offensive from the British to relieve the pressure. That offensive was the Somme where 60,000 British & Commonwealth soldiers became casualties on the first day of whom just under 20,000 were killed. There were 750,000 Commonwealth soldiers involved in that battle on day 1, I doubt that they would have been "overrun in days" but granted if the French has collapsed the Western Front would have been a very different place.

I don't quite agree with your take on history. The French did hold them back, the German army never broke through at Verdun despite it being their principle objective in the war at that time.

Planning for the Somme started in 1915 as soon as the Loos offensive failed, long before the situation at Verdun became critical. . The French also fought at the Somme, their sector was as big as ours, and actually did better than we did. The idea that the purpose of the Somme was to take pressure off the French at Verdun was only written into the history books afterwards as a face saver, and not a very convincing one at that.

When, in 1918, we were on the receiving end of a full on German assault ( the only time we were) we did buckle and were over run almost instantly. It was only the fact that the Germans ran into the old problem of not being able to communicate with and re- supply troops at the front that saved us. The German army made 35 miles into our territory virtually unimpeded then ran out of supplies. Had they not they would have just kept on going.

Edited by Vince Green

Yes but he'll likely be 85 and / or too ill to stand trial

I quite agree, it is our problem and will only be sorted when we stop giving free hand outs to anyone that is not born in the UK and has shown proof that they have tried to find work and is happy to live by the UK's laws and standards of ( free) speech.

Just the speech would be an improvement.

I don't quite agree with your take on history. The French did hold them back, the German army never broke through at Verdun despite it being their principle objective in the war at that time.

Planning for the Somme started in 1915 as soon as the Loos offensive failed, long before the situation at Verdun became critical. . The French also fought at the Somme, their sector was as big as ours, and actually did better than we did. The idea that the purpose of the Somme was to take pressure off the French at Verdun was only written into the history books afterwards as a face saver, and not a very convincing one at that.

When, in 1918, we were on the receiving end of a full on German assault ( the only time we were) we did buckle and were over run almost instantly. It was only the fact that the Germans ran into the old problem of not being able to communicate with and re- supply troops at the front that saved us. The German army made 35 miles into our territory virtually unimpeded then ran out of supplies. Had they not they would have just kept on going.Sorry but

Sorry but we must read different history books.

The Italian government suggested they will issue "temporary" passports to move their immigrants on if they don't get help, whats stopping the french doing just that, the thousands of immigrants sat in Calais could then just legitimately walk on the first boat across.

I would have thought Sweden, Norway, Finland or Holland would be more of an attraction they have good social services, i don't total buy the "they are all just sat around drawing state cash" i think the attraction of the UK over other countries is its seen as a place hard work is rewarded i think the majority want to work, the problem with that is their minimum wage is probably about £2.50 an hour which for unscrupulous employers is a lovely attraction.

Apart from the fact that under the EU Dublin Regulation they are supposed to apply for asylum in the first safe country in Europe that they get to...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dublin_Regulation

However all that would really mean if they applied is that they could get an EU Citizenship in whatever company rubber stamped the application then legally get on the first bus to London and come in knowing that they can claim what ever benefits they could get!

I would have thought Sweden, Norway, Finland or Holland would be more of an attraction they have good social services, i don't total buy the "they are all just sat around drawing state cash" i think the attraction of the UK over other countries is its seen as a place hard work is rewarded i think the majority want to work.

They want to come here,because there are plenty of their various countrymen here already and they can be swiftly educated how the 'system ' works.

Also English is quite a universal language,and its rare to find someone who doesnt know a few words, like ,housing,benefits and such.

Its often mentioned that Germany takes on a lot of migrants/asylum seekers which is true.

However,a lot those are Turks,simply because of the amount that have previously settled there.

If the Italian govt just sent them all straight back the same day they landed all problems would be solved.

Where to? we cant send people back to a cruel and murderous existence, created thanks to our ever so moral obligation to do away with leaders who ran countries the way those countries NEEDED ruling, harsh perhaps but definitely true! did we make life better for the "oppressed" I would say no if anything a damn sight worse, and even more so now that due to OUR like it or not total de- stabilisation of north Africa and most of the middle east,.

And of course the aim of coming through a safe country to get to us is not helped in the least by our mad diverse and multicultural experiment and the little fact we also sent out the message that the yellow brick road really does end on our shore's, the term reap what you sow has never been more apt.

KW

Edited by kdubya

KW ,surely youre not saying its our fault ?

You contradict yourself by saying WE removed their harsh regimes,now they have a cruel and murderous existance !

For starters 99% of these people are ECONOMIC migrants ,they are here because they believe they will be richer for it.

I can understand syrians and libyans coming here from their civil wars,but WE didnt start those wars ,they did.

Most of the people coming from libya have trekked across Africa from mostly stable countries.

And mad diverse cultural experiment ?

Thats been forced upon us by bonkers lefty governments looking for votes.

Reap what you sow ? Indeed,but not in the way you think.