Cheap Air guns coming soon in Scotland.

guzzicat

****lick Salmond & the Poison dwarf have fulfilled their promise & air weapons are to be licensed In Scotland,that & proposed changes to sporting estate taxes ,I bet they make a mess of both,same as changes to licencing laws on drink.When I first moved here I went to Asda for a bottle of wine at 10AM On Sunday,I still remember the look on the checkout girls face as she explained No drink ,till after lunchtime.Then the law was changed tp prevent early morning sales of alchohol,They forgot about Sundays, so now 10 AM you can buy you Buckfast & extra strong tinnies of Lager!. So South of the border watch this space.

Well that's that then the 1st amendment on air gun licencing has been defeated 19 for 96 against the rot has set in

Justice Secretary Michael Matheson says Police Scotland are confident that they can manage this new licensing regime. Well only time will tell. No one yet knows how it will be implemented exactly but it will be a night mare for Police Scotland.

Not selling mine yet.

All joking apart , if its any consolation it wont be long before we join you.

KW

I don't think it will happen from Westminster for a long time yet. As I and many others have said it wont be easy to administer. Most of the existing fire arms & SGC holders in Scotland will continue to abide within the law. You wont stop people from possessing an air gun by implementing a new licence although you may reduce the current ownership a little. You will still have the numpties taking pot shots at swans, cats dogs and even fireman.

I genuinely hope that if this new legislation is proven to be worthless and ineffective then at least for those south of our border it will reframe any further discussion around further tightening of legislation. At least then those who wish to resist new restrictions can point north and say what a glorious failure it was up there why replicate failure.

I am of the firm opinion that if all of the sporing organisations don't bury their hatchets and come together in some form/at some level to create a National Organisation our ability to do what we do will slowly be eroded to a nil point eventually?

Why? because the anti side never stops beating the ears of politicians, behind closed doors with Lobbyists?

I am of the firm opinion that if all of the sporing organisations don't bury their hatchets and come together in some form/at some level to create a National Organisation our ability to do what we do will slowly be eroded to a nil point eventually?

Why? because the anti side never stops beating the ears of politicians, behind closed doors with Lobbyists?

I honestly don't see how that would make the slightest bit of difference.

FAC only in this part of the UK already.

Now that's something I don't know. Is that for all air rifles, even those of sub 12ft lb, or are they all over 12 ft lbs anyway ?

I can't see the point of having a 12 ft lb rated air rifle if one needs a license for it, unless one specifically wanted one of course.

There will be hundreds tucked away in corners that will never go on ticket and still be used . If they don't know we're they are at the moment how can they be put on ticket . What happens if some body is refused an air rifle ticket and owns Gun . Will it be seized by the cops .

Harnser

There will be hundreds tucked away in corners that will never go on ticket and still be used . :yes: If they don't know we're they are at the moment how can they be put on ticket . :good: What happens if some body is refused an air rifle ticket and owns Gun . Will it be seized by the cops .

Harnser

As far as I'm aware, yes, without compensation.

Now that's something I don't know. Is that for all air rifles, even those of sub 12ft lb, or are they all over 12 ft lbs anyway ?

Yes and for air pistols they are club only. I would have to go trough the same process to get an air pistol as a .357 revolver.

In Northern Ireland airguns and CO2 guns having a discharge kinetic energy in excess of one (1) Joule (0.737 ft lbs) require to be held on a firearm certificate.

Edited by ordnance

Yes and for air pistols they are club only. I would have to go trough the same process to get an air pistol as a .357 revolver.

Wow. Saying that i wouldn't mind if it meant we could have our handguns back.

If air rifles are ever put on ticket over here I'll just go straight to S1.

I can't see the point of having a 12 ft lb rated air rifle if one needs a license for it, unless one specifically wanted one of course.

I have two fac air rifles, I want a sub 12lb for in the barns , they have a use.

KW

The police can't cope at the moment let alone adding air rifles to the list. A friend applied for FAC 3 months ago and has heard nothing yet. Only two years ago they processed mine in less than two weeks. It will take them years to get around all those who currently hold air rifles without adding those who want to buy one.

Especiall

The police can't cope at the moment let alone adding air rifles to the list. A friend applied for FAC 3 months ago and has heard nothing yet. Only two years ago they processed mine in less than two weeks. It will take them years to get around all those who currently hold air rifles without adding those who want to buy one.

Especially as they are making 2/3rds of the FEO's redundant in Police Scotland….