Paphos Shooting Club

Marki

Holiday season is well upon us so just a quick heads up for anyone travelling to the South West side of Cyprus.

I've been to Paphos Shooting Club a few times and have always found them friendly and helpful. Not the most scenic of places compared to the UK but good enough for me. Prices are also good with 25 clays, including cartridges and a loan gun costs just 10.50 Euros, less than £8 at the moment. Loan gun was a Beretta 682 Gold e. Coaching from their team is also well priced, no charge!

They are based in the industrial area of Paphos, just a couple of junctions down the motorway.

http://paphosshootingclub.com/?lang=en/

P1020655_zpshsvcvdpt.jpg

I usually stay in Steni, not far from Laatchi. beautiful place.

Kingo15, were you travelling towards Limasoll when you saw the other place?

Hi Marki,

I'm going to be in Neo Chorio if you heard of it? In a villa on the hillside :-).

Apparently a good restaurant in Neo Chorio.

Kingo15 I think I've found 4 shooting grounds so far but none that pretty! I shall have to keep my eyes open.

Mental. I know of it and have driven there but never stayed. It is a very quiet side of the island. I assume you have transport? Personally I would of said that you were closer to a hour from Paphos but well worth the drive if you want to waste a day. Some great Tavernas in the villages. My only comment, and it is a bit unfair, is to not eat at Paphos Harbour.

I travel there as often as possible and I'm too much of a fidget to sit around the pool or on the beach. Last time I went I did over 800km in three weeks. You find the greatest places when you are lost!

i can concur about not eating at paphos harbour.

My other half's dad lives in tala. We found a great little beach bar on the way to coral bay. There was a few nice restaurants there.

Hired a boat from latchi harbour great fun.

Took the father in laws jimny on a off road path great fun well impressed ith the little jeep tbh handle its self well.

OOOps this thread might get closed soon as turning into a place in the sun :yahoo:

OOOps this thread might get closed soon as turning into a place in the sun :yahoo:

LOL!

There is a great place west of Coral bay on the beach road. I can't remember the name but it is run by a woman with a deaf son. Nothing special just a nice place to sit and watch the world go by. The sea caves is a great beach bar, great view with a cold beer and the last time we were there they had an Elvis impersonator!

In my experience the food at Paphos Harbour is overpriced and not very good compared to many other places I've eaten. It won't kill you, probably, and is possibly better than some of the 'family' orientated pubs in the UK.

• 4 years later...

Like Hamster I shot there in the 90’s. I suspect things were less developed in 1996 than they are now. I took my own shot gun over but hit a problem when Hertz would not let me have the hire car I’d ordered and paid for in the U.K. because I did’t have my driving license even though they had seen it in the U.K. Until I got things sorted out I hired a scooter from one of the local companies and have fond memories of trying to find Paphos shooting ground with a gun strapped to it and in those days it seemed like a mountain track route off the main road to the ground.

I did have some very enjoyable and very cheap Fitasc sporting shooting there though at the equivalent to £2.50 for a round of 25. 
The locals and owner were very friendly even though they didn’t speak much English and my Greek is non existent. I shot there several times during my two week stay in Cyprus and on the day before we left the ground owner offered to take me game shooting with them. I couldn’t make it as we were going back but I thought how kind of them especially as their game shooting season was very restricted at the time.

On 27/02/2020 at 11:36, Lloyd90 said:

Do you need to take your ticket (SGC) for Paphos shooting ground? 

I am going next week. 

I paid them a visit whilst on holiday a few years ago. I had my SGC with me but they were happy to hire me a shotgun and sell cartridges without even seeing it (!).
Very trusting and friendly.

My preference, and not a million miles away from Paphos, The EGG Club is well worth a visit https://www.episkopi-garrison-gunclub.com/contact-us.html .

On 27/02/2020 at 14:05, TIGHTCHOKE said:

They were lovely people and I'm sure still are, we bought our shells out there and took the guns in good hard cases.

Oh and it always used to be traditional to buy the Club T Shirt or Polo Shirt.

I think my brother and law and I will just use a club gun, hopefully they won’t mind. 

Will see if they have T- shirts 👍🏻

On 28/02/2020 at 14:57, andyw62 said:

My preference, and not a million miles away from Paphos, The EGG Club is well worth a visit https://www.episkopi-garrison-gunclub.com/contact-us.html .

+ 1 from me - Open Wednesday afternoons and Saturday mornings - take the old road through Episkopi garrison. Coming from Paphos you go through Happy Valley (Down and Up), past the camp and then there is the loop - the EGG club is a left turn off the loop. Coming from Limassol direction you will pass the SBA police station then hit the loop - it is a right turn off there. I shot there a couple of times on my last holiday in Cyprus.

License is needed - and they have a number of guns that can be hired - mine was a 325.

One of my biggest regrets was that I was stationed at Episkopi for 3 years (92-95) and never went. Back then I was into Windsurfing - although if I tried to do it now I think I would need the QE 2 rather than a board :D