I love front stuffers.

Underdog

Snook out from baby watch for a few hours. I grabbed the .45 Kentuckian and did a little still hunting.

DSC08790_zpsm06csymk.jpg

DSC08794_zpsreqzvf4t.jpg

But the best was walking out and a bird broke out in front of me left to right, only 18-20yds but accelerating.

I swung that long iron bar through and touched the trigger to be rewarded with a cloud of white feathers and a dead in the air bird.

It was also a nice simple retrieve for my old spaniel in the edge of some wheat.

DSC08796_zpsntc9osi1.jpg

Loading was a good 5/8th oz of fine shot. The same volume of fine black powder with a thin card, two leather washers soaked in olive oil, another thin card betwixt the two (powder and shot). It keeps the fouling soft so loading stays simple.

U.

Edited by Underdog

... so loading stays simple!

Please define simple.

Well done mate. Must be very satisfying.

Black powder fouling can get very crusty and loading gets a strain, there is a risk of damaging the rammer too. By injecting olive oil into the fouling every shot it stays soft. The olive oil also holds the salts in suspension so there is no need to panic about cleaning, in fact this gun has not been cleaned for weeks, no rust.

Edited by Underdog