.22 rim fire ammo .

just bought a browning T bolt .22 rim fire off a member on here . The rifle shoots very well and is very accurate . I was zeroing it yesterday with Remington sub sonics and I noticed that every now and again ,probably half a dozen rounds out of 100 were very noisy and did not sound like sub sonic rounds but more like hi velocity . The mod was not silencing the rounds at all . I also shot about 50 rounds of eley sub sonic and they were all very quiet . Has any body else experienced this .

Harnser

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, Remington subs renowned for crackers, I no longer use them.

Of half a dozen brands tried last year indoors CCI Segmented were easily and noticeably the loudest, and RWS the quietest. It wouldn't be noticeable in the field unless you were a rabbit.

Edited by Full Pelt

I use cci subs in my cz452 and last week I had a couple that were on the noisy side, to make it worse I missed the rabbit over the top, which I guess would be to be expected if it had gone supersonic.

the only time I have had it and put about 500 rounds through it so far

Winchester subs do it from time to time.

Don't doubt you for one minute, but am surprised. While trying to find which suited my rifle best, didn't just do the groups but also put them through the chrono'. The Winchester was amongst the slowest and well short of the advertised 1065 ft/sec.

The most consistent in terms of SD was the SK, the SD being negligible and with an MV of 1034 (in my 14" barrel it shot 1043) the problem won't arise. Worth a punt to see if they suit your rifle.

I've not had any crack off with winchesters in the humdreds i've used, possibly had one with cci in 2 or 3 hundred but i was around some building so cant be sure. Had 3 in 25 remmington, still got the rest of the box if someone wants them cheap :rolleyes:

Personally i've tried Remington subs and don't rate them at all.

Phillip sells the SK Lapua subsonics Mick, they are usually darn good in most guns.

These boys http://www.angliatackleandgun.co.uk/ are quite close to you and they sell RWS subs which are also very consistent.

Nige ,I bought some RWS from there just to try out and they were very good .very quiet and accurate .

Mick