First harvest of 2015?

JDog

After a hot three hour drive back from the Cotswolds I took my usual short cut route near home. Keen to give Jasper a run before we got back I pulled into a field opening to be confronted by a field which has been harvested. I tried to find someone at the farm steading but no one was there. The reason for the question mark in the title? I am not entirely sure if the crop wasn't whole cropped or not.

There were a few pigeons on it and lots of crows. Just being back from a week away it will take a monumental effort on my part even to get a look at the field again in the next few days.

DSC06274.jpg

I wouldn't like to say for definate, but would guess whole crop, my friend has a field that is on the thinnest sand, which always burns off early and is cut before anybody else. Although this field now looks ready, on closer inspection the bottoms of the tramlines are still green, so a couple of weeks still I reckon