RC sipe 20 bore

I use them for most things, mainly 26g of #6 (fibre).

I also really like the same load in JK6 to shoot, but they're only plastic, which is generally no good for me.

I think often these days people are looking for standard modern 12 bore game loads in 20 bore (28-32g), which is often probably not necessary, I don't think.

I think a smaller, lighter gun is more enjoyable to shoot with a slightly lighter load.

I also use 26g of 6 in my 20b, they pattern lovely.

Second that comment, cracking shell the 26gram fibre and really hard hitting.

My favourite 20 bore load though is express special game 25gram 6, such a punchy little load with minimal recoil they don't feel like they've got the poke that they have!

• 2 weeks later...

Have used RC cartridges in my 20 s/s and was impressed. I think I bought them from one of the Game Fairs? However none of our local shops stock them.

As Matt said my favourite 20 bore load is Pure Gold 28gm no 7. However last time I tried to order some I was told they no longer load them in no7 shot?

I shot rc's and swear by them there a fab cartridge they are now all I'll use on game and shot all sorts with them and they work great and I have to do a 1 1/2 hour round trip to get them but defo worth the miles I've shot with loads of stuff none so far as good with out spending stupid money on carts , I shoot with a lot of trialling / gundog lads and they will only shot 20 bore all all use rc's

• 1 month later...

Interesting topic. I have just purchased a 20 gauge two weeks ago. Last 20 bore i had was ten years ago shot Eley VIP then. I would like to find a 28gm 6 shot that suits me and the barrel. So i am doing a little testing in the next few months on pattern plate and pigeons and going to try different makes etc. I hear Fiocchi make a 28gm which i would like to try. Anyone shot them please give me, your opinion. Thanks.

Always had great results with express 28g 6's.

I think I read somewhere that RC changed both their 12 AND 20 bore cartridges to green now? The sipes I have in 12b are grey and the express shells are yellow so no confusion.

I've managed to put a yellow 20 bore shell halfway down my 12 bore barrel when shooting yellow 12b RC sipes. Only noticed because I emptied the gun to cross the fence,(lucky escape).