newsnight

wogger wabit

Just watched it on iplayer so thanks for the heads up, didn't know it had been featured.

There were some good points all round ( May asking how it can be pest control if they're actually being bred for release ) and the ex-LACS bloke asking what method would he approve of for control, which went unanswered. He also pointed to the fact that the RSPB control foxes but they wouldn't want it widely known.

I think may started to feel the pressure when it was pointed out to him that what he doesn't like about the hunting act, such as digging out, is still allowed to continue under the present act, which was voted on and agreed with in parliament, and all this statutory act will do is bring England into line with Scottish methods, which, presumably he is happy with, though he claimed it was being flouted in Scotland.

Anyhow, when he'd run out of arguments he reverted to type by name calling, 'you're all a bunch of cruel ********'. Sorted.

What I would be interested to know is how he regards the shooting of foxes. I get the impression he uses the 'cruelty' aspect as he sees it as his crutch, so to speak, but wondered how he would feel if that part of it is removed. Has he ever said, or been asked? I think the answer may lie in the unanswered question I referred to above.

I get the impression it is the killing he doesn't approve of in general and that there is no need for control at all, which is fair enough.

I'd like to hear his views on live quarry shooting and fishing. Good prog'.