Just wanted to check about permissions and Fac

geoffwales

As i understand it, as long as i have written permission from a land owner i can shoot air rifle and shotgun on his land.

But if i go for FAC i cant shoot fac on the same land until its been cleared by feo

And if i have an open licence i could shoot the same land without it being cleared by the Feo. Is this right.

If so how hard is it to get an open licence with an Fac.

Thx

Do you have to wait for when your fac is up for renewal to reapply for an open ticket

If you don't reapply, they normally open it on renewal. If you can prove you have need for an open ticket, you can ask them before that.

Cheers im hoping for permission on a golf course for rabbit control

I've shot on many golf courses in many different countries over the years...normally the rabbits are quite accustomed to human activity and a 12ftlb air rifle is sufficient , especially at night.

Normally you have to show your Firearms liaison Officer very good reason why you need an open certificate and they are not as easy to get for casual use as they used to be. By casual use I mean non professional.

Good luck nonetheless

I've shot on many golf courses in many different countries over the years...normally the rabbits are quite accustomed to human activity and a 12ftlb air rifle is sufficient , especially at night.

Normally you have to show your Firearms liaison Officer very good reason why you need an open certificate and they are not as easy to get for casual use as they used to be. By casual use I mean non professional.

Good luck nonetheless

Cheers