summer stake outs

simon6ppc

orite chaps ive been having problems re-sizing pictures lately and i havn,t been posting but ime half getting it right now,i think.lol,any way ive shot quite a few foxes this year now but this vixen was the most memorable one really,ide just got a new rifle,a 243 Ackley in RPA and after a week load testing what better to try it out on a nice summer evening waiting for a fox that had been taking lambs on my mates farm,i took my dog as well as he spots things half the time i don,t see and i can tell how he acts instantly some thing is there,i got to the spot in the first picture and led down and waited,ide only been there half an hour when this vixen appeared out the trees in the bottom and started to eat a dead lamb in a nice part of the field for a safe shot,this gave me loads of time to dial in as it was a 290 yard shot.then down she went with a nice chest thud,so it was the first fox with the new rifle at an half decent range to, i was more than happy to say the least,,,i should be back on the pigeons soon so lets hope its gona be a good year..cheers Simon...

post-56146-0-98904600-1436796938_thumb.jpg

post-56146-0-69271700-1436796966_thumb.jpg

Excellent, good photos. Labs are brill hunting buddies yes :-)

Nice rig. Keep a camera with you.

Load details??

when you say load details Underlad do you mean the bullet ime using,if so its an 105 grain Amax seated at 2.700 COL with 44 grains of vit 165...that was the first 3 shoot group at 100 yards when the brass had been fire formed,henece why the zero was a lot higher..the rifle does shoot awsum to be honest

post-56146-0-29938700-1436814816_thumb.jpg

Edited by simon6ppc

ha ha what you on about Jdog talking fancy words,ime a country boy who,s just about learn,t how to use google chrome ha ha

google chrome, whats that ? :lol::lol: :lol: :lol:

nice photo,s Si and good shooting also bud

atb Evo

Nice set up and shooting simon, I thought you'd taken up golf.

ha ha,one or two key board kids on here were hard work so i moved to another site pal,also i need to know a easy way to re-size the pictures then will be fine and dandy,,you still shooting one or two..ps ye the RPA does shoot well,bit on the heavy side but keeps mi fit.lol