Amendment of the Hunting Act - merged threads

tomov

Many of you will have seen coverage of the proposed amendments to the Hunting Act, which will be debated in the House of Commons next Wednesday. If not, I'm guessing you will over the next 6 days! :rolleyes:

While falling well short of a full repeal of the act, the proposed amendments would allow for a more pragmatic approach to hunting, allowing more than the current arbitrary restriction of two hounds to be used when flushing to a gun. If nothing else, those organising fox drives in large areas of cover will be able to use a sensible number of dogs.

You can let your MP know your feelings on the matter by clicking here. It takes about 1 minute.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Done ,

please support this , not from a 'hunting point of view' but it also affects working dogs in beating lines and terriers.

This is so true.

At the moment terriers may only be used below ground to flush foxes for the protection of gamebirds.

The new ammendment will also allow terriers to be used below ground for the protection of livestock, something that will benefit your farmers and landowners.

PLEASE ACT NOW and lobby your MP.

It might help out the hunt boys but does nothing for Lurchers men. Hare coursing for sport might not get a good view from people but people taking foxes for predator control ans hare and deer for the pot with a dog (like some have done for generations) is still illegal.

Shame I think as a dog catching an old or injured animal whilst young fit specimens get away is more selective than some people just shooting the first thing they see.

Well my new one was more positive

Of course; I voted against the original bill, a most illiberal measure, and marched with the Countryside Alliance. I have an engagement on Thursday but very much hope to rearrange it to enable me to support the amendment.

Best wishes

Sir Gerald Howarth MP

Member of Parliament for Aldershot

SNP have announced they will collectively vote against the amendment.

Obviously does not effect the Scottish being an English and Welsh law........

Democracy in action!

Thats ripe considering what they are voting for is a change which would bring us in line with Scotish law.

About time we put a stop to these Johnny Foreigners voting on our laws once and for all.

sorry as I don't mean to offend anyone but IMO I think Scotland should personally stay out of English affairs,, the SNP is run by a woman who hasn,t really got a clue,,

her bloody voice makes my skin crawl,

one thing I will say is if they do have a say then we can kiss our guns goodbye , they want to ban everything

This is a prime example of how these communists will antagonize and frustrate English/Welsh politics in their bid for independence. It really does make a mockery of parliament and is a slight on everyone who voted this side of the border.

It makes my blood boil.

The sooner they get ELEV through Parliament the better. What is good for the goose is good for the gander, if there is a law being voted for in Parliament that only effects England then only English MPs should be allowed to vote.

Comrade Sturgeon deals in destructive and not constructive politics and probably takes pleasure from every little bit of hassle that she can cause Westminster. She has no ideas and her only aim is to stamp down what she perceives as the elite class and personal freedom. I am by no means a fan of MP's, but they have got bigger things to worry about than what that little poison troll is going to do next.

I'm surprised she manages to travel from Scotland with a chip that big.

Edited by Livefast123

IMHO this is just politics in play.

DC is inviting the SNP to show its hand. Far easier to neuter the SNP in Westminster after they have put a spanner in the works. I don't think that this amendment would get through on a free vote anyway, therefore this bill was only ever a stalking horse for the SNP.

Atb

Edited by achosenman