Amendment of the Hunting Act - merged threads

tomov

Where are all the Braveheart cyber Nats on here? They've all suddenly gone quiet now the SNP have shown their true colours.

The SNP have fallen into the trap of intervening in a purely English vote at the first opportunity. Now the Tories have a rod to beat them with every time EVEL is discussed.

I did not read much about the English protesting that their MP's voted against the Scotland Act when it went thro parliament. It works both ways, or do the people south of the border want their cake and eat it?

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But it my belief that that a quick death by a bullet is the best way to go. That's if you can say such a thing.

But does not the current act and the proposed ammendments clearly stipulate that hounds may only be used to flush and that the fox must be shot. I suggest you read the act before making unfactual statements.

Hounds may only flush, not hunt.

Foxes must be shot, not killed by hounds.

What prey is the difference between someone walking a fox out of cover to waiting guns or a few dogs doing the same thing ?.

Whichever way the fox is flushed it's killed with gun.

There is all this talk about foxes being 'ripped to peices' etc But do thoose against this bill actualy know wot the amendment is?

Foxes MUST be driven to standing guns so no different to a fox drive, dunno if any of u have shot with gun packs (can be very very effective and only way to control foxes in some forested/upland) but that is effectively wot they are proposing. So foxes would be shot as they flushed.

Should there be a law where only 2 dogs are allowed to be used to flush pheasants on a driven day? No different in my opinion. And infact propably a lot more humane than a driven shoot or even decoying as any fox injured by guns will have a pack of hounds on it very quickly to PTS it, now it may be ripped to pieces but i think that is preferable than the slow lingering death or catching gangerene..

Everyone who shoots is generally a hypocrite to some degree if they shoot 1 thing over an other BUT anyone who tries to take the moral high ground and uses a shotgun is on very dodgy ground, most guns will shoot 3+-1 kill ratio so for every thing in the freezer 2 have escaped. Do u really believe theyall escaped withut a pellet, with a hunt the fox either gets away clean or not.

The tired old line of "it's toffs " carries no water - miners hunts, hill farmers hunts etc. Funny how it's now a waste of parliamentary time where the countless hours forming the ban were not. I'm going to e mail Brian May and ask his stance on Halal slaughter. May ask him what his views are on feeding cats food made from dead animals too, something many cat loving antis never consider. As for the little witch from north of the border ? history won't remember her or her ilk.

Where do you stand on ratting with terriers?

3 I am neither tory or labour. I have little time for animal welfare brigade, do not read either of the publications that you mentioned. I support and respect the beliefs of others. But is it acceptable in today's society to allow this method of animal destruction to occur. We should respect our quarry by ensuring their death is fast and as painfree as possible. I'm sure that an animal being torn to pieces might just feel a little pain.