Where in the head do you shoot a pig?

utectok

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do a Google search for accles and shelvoke, they do the "cash" captive bolt humane killer, and there is a how to do it section....which shows the spot in the head to shoot all manner of stock including pigs!

But I agree get an expert to do it! A porker squeeling and thrashing about after being shot would be awful and very distressing for both you...........and the poor pig!

Do a Google search for accles and shelvoke, they do the "cash" captive bolt humane killer, and there is a how to do it section....which shows the spot in the head to shoot all manner of stock including pigs!

But I agree get an expert to do it! A porker squeeling and thrashing about after being shot would be awful and very distressing for both you...........and the poor pig!

I wouldn't recommend anyone using a captive bolt until trained, I had to jump through hoops to get a slaughter licence, competency checked, what to do when it goes wrong etc.

Plus they're expensive, a shotgun cartridge is cheaper for years if you only do a few a year.

I wouldn't recommend anyone using a captive bolt until trained, I had to jump through hoops to get a slaughter licence, competency checked, what to do when it goes wrong etc.

Plus they're expensive, a shotgun cartridge is cheaper for years if you only do a few a year.

I posted the link to their website as it explains where to shoot a pig in the head which was the original posters question....I was not suggesting the OP buys or attempts to use a captive bolt gun! for the reasons you give! :no:

I posted the link to their website as it explains where to shoot a pig in the head which was the original posters question....I was not suggesting the OP buys or attempts to use a captive bolt gun! for the reasons you give! :no:

Absolutely, I was compounding your point, it wasn't directed at you Sir.