Baby on way, fob the dog off

ShootingEgg

O sorry I never realised that, anytime i see someone correcting an animal I just assume they are beasting it so call the RSPCA and ask them to remove them from their barbaric, abusive owners....Reminds me I must call the RSPCA to get my bumper stickers for banning fox hunting and the badger cull on the way home

:lol::lol::good:

O sorry I never realised that, anytime i see someone correcting an animal I just assume they are beasting it so call the RSPCA and ask them to remove them from their barbaric, abusive owners....Reminds me I must call the RSPCA to get my bumper stickers for banning fox hunting and the badger cull on the way home

So you said you did not agree with punishing them, I am saying there is levels of punishment that are required. For instance its impossible to stock break without corrective action (punishment) or extinguish other negative behaviour as it forms by using reward based reinforcements.

When you've been training with a lot of different people, joking aside, as Kent says different people do it VERY different ways. I could name people (but I won't) whose idea of chastising a dog is to swing it around by one ear and/or punch it in the face :(

I said I do not agree with the way some people punish their dogs not the fact they punish them. My dog occasionally gets a physical punishment which is normally a good scruff off the neck and head pushed to the floor some people take it far to far, the two examples big bird mentioned I consider both completely unacceptable and unnecessary and I am sure 99% of people would agree regardless how good the trainer is and the dog performs in the field.

Edited by ferguson_tom

I've got a new baby on the way our first, around 6 weeks left. We want the dogs there when we get home and deal with it from there . The lab and the beagle are both bottom of the pecking order. However it did take me beating them to achieve the correct order.

I said I do not agree with the way some people punish their dogs not the fact they punish them. My dog occasionally gets a physical punishment which is normally a good scruff off the neck and head pushed to the floor some people take it far to far, the two examples big bird mentioned I consider both completely unacceptable and unnecessary and I am sure 99% of people would agree regardless how good the trainer is and the dog performs in the field.

Yet that is not what you wrote so why the rude reply. Frankly its a pain on here at times so few can discuss /debate anything in a civilised fashion. A simple that is not what I meant would have been so much better under the circumstances

Yet that is not what you wrote so why the rude reply. Frankly its a pain on here at times so few can discuss /debate anything in a civilised fashion. A simple that is not what I meant would have been so much better under the circumstances

I agree it is a pain sometimes that discussions turn into petty school ground behaviour, but it is easy to miss read posts..

And back to my original post.... The dog and baby are in the same house and are getting used to each other, so at the moment all is good and they seem to be coping.. I can imagine it os daunting having a new born in the house for the first time, im yet to experience it...

Didnt mean to be rude it was only meant as a joke apologies if any offence was caused. I think my reply got misread from what I meant.

Good to hear the owners have tried having dog at home from the start, give it a year or so and chances are the dog and baby will be inseparable....the number of times I have turned around to find my little ones cuddled up to the dog watching TV.

see this all the time in rescue I'm afraid chaps, volunteer for two...Some people you just want to shake but in reality, very often the dog does better with its new owners.

what's even worse...we see more dogs coming in at the start of holiday periods...