Habit UK pigeon flapper

yeh it is black n red then they have a lengh of blue n brown for negative n live....problem is its threaded and won't screw on so its just junk now coz they won't reply to me the r-soles at habit uk so is it able to be welded on or is metal to soft do you think Redditch?....sorry for all ??'s but if nee good I could just give it to some one for parts as its brand new?? Regards DT.

No reason not to weld it (so long as you don't let it get too hot) or maybe use some LOCTITE retaining compound (290 I think is the number).

Degrease the parts first, then apply the LOCTITE, then assemble IMMEDIATELY, and then allow 24 hours to dry, and should be okay.

Either that, or just buy a replacement wiper motor off ebay ?

If you were nearer I would have repaired it for you, but you are "over the water" LOL

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No reason not to weld it (so long as you don't let it get too hot) or maybe use some LOCTITE retaining compound (290 I think is the number).

Degrease the parts first, then apply the LOCTITE, then assemble IMMEDIATELY, and then allow 24 hours to dry, and should be okay.

Either that, or just buy a replacement wiper motor off ebay ?

If you were nearer I would have repaired it for you, but you are "over the water" LOL

OK thx for the info al see what I can do with it....just noticed you are across the water...lol! Atb Robbie.

So, my THIRD and final HABIT UK Flapper has arrived today (last one cost me £16.00 posted, but this one £19.00 plus £4.99 P&P due to others bidding)

That said, I've already changed the motor/gearbox unit, bent the arms into the correct position, fitted the speed controller, and greased the linkage.

Now I have to wait for the remote control timer unit to come from Hong Kong.

In the meantime, I will spray the unit, and also make a stake for it too, plus spray that.

They are quite good units once all the alterations and upgrades have been done, and work well, both at slow speed (corvid) and fast speed (pigeon)

Next flappers will be FF5's but these will do the job until those come :)

Edited by Redditch

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Last year I got 3 flappers off Ebay but can not remember who from.

Cost £50 each.

1st lasted 4 months

2nd 2 days

3rd 4 hours

I have inspected them and the gears have stripped and also the motor brushes burn out.

I have worked out the motors need to be carbon brushes not brushless.

As for the gears I don't know what the answer is there.

The motors are 12v DC 300rpm gear motor 25mm. Heaps of them on eBay from £4 to £12. Trying to work out which ones have carbon brushes is the hard one.

I to when for the cheaper option to know if I was to buy any more I would get them from well known online company which sell the flappers for £80 with 3 year warranty.

With the problem being the motors 3 year warranty you cant go wrong.