Disco 4

Xr1200

150k car at work has had a very hard life and been given a new engine at circa £7000.

much much better than the D2 and the D3's.

still a lovely drive matched with proper 4x4 ability.

would I buy one over my rather agricultural 2004 landcruiser?

No, because work isnt paying the bills.

tread carefully.

f

You don't want to be buying a Land Rover outside the warranty period ,unless you are clever with a sack of spanners . I speak from experience I have had two of them . Would never buy another . There are many cars out there that are just as capable off road and much more reliable . My son in law has recently bought a brand new Range Rover and he has said that it will be sold before it runs out of warranty .

Harnser

Great cars, just can have a couple of niggles but that's LR for you, LR do extended warranty and if you are buying approved used then you should get 12 month cover anyway

If you are interested ask questions on disco4.co.uk owners forum, plenty of advice good and bad

Pay no attention to the 'naysayers'. Get what you want. I've had LRs since 1983, from Series III, through classic Rangies, Freelander and Disco2. Loved them all, just look after them. I wouldn't have anything else - unless I win the lottery... Electonically recorded faults aren't necessarily anything serious... I've had several new Transits since starting my own business, and one of them had over 300 faults listed on one occasion...

Mike.

Put a deposit on one today got 2 year warranty and two years free servicing, I've looked around at landcruisers etc but none of them appeal to me I'm hooked on land rovers unfortunately I think ha ha. Think ill give it two years and see what happens its only got 39k on do its not killed with mileage

yeah he did say that there where a dozen or so silly ones on there but however you look at it, unless you are reasonably competent or have a friend in the business they aint gonna be cheap to run. Saying that I would buy one tomorrow if I could justify it. we got the new freelander instead. Great car but smaller than it looks.