Moderator rear bush required or not?

foosa

Does anyone not use a rear bush in their over barrel moderators where they are designed to use one, are they really necessary? I been put off buying one recently because of the marks they leave on barrels and getting them machined to size, I'm very close to ordering a wildcat evo having looked into them following a members recommendation and they look very good, and the ease of swapping between different threads is appealing also.

Thanks all, I've used both over barrel and muzzle mounted cans before on various calibers, my stainless .223 has a lovely set of rub marks 5 inch back from the muzzle! I'm now committed to the wildcat and think I'll see if I can get the bush cut slightly larger than the barrel diameter. I'm going for the .223 baffle stack even though it will be mainly used on the .204, when my current .223 mod dies a change of thread bridge should see it fit both my foxing rifles.