Cooking my first pigeon

swampyis1968

• 2 weeks later...

hello, i use to put in a small slow cooker with oxo cube mushrooms a few rashers and sweed/carrot/ or fine chopped white cabbage

hello, i use to put in a small slow cooker with oxo cube mushrooms a few rashers and sweed/carrot/ or fine chopped white cabbage

not for the dog!!!!!!!! me!!!!! :lol:

well cooked them up cut into little bites and was lovely my thoughts were taste like a cross between liver and steak thinking about sticking in the oven with some bacon onion and gravy and mash ferals tasted nice just not as big lol me and the dogs sit there with a bowl of pigeon titbits and a home brew very nice

Well dug out two from the freezer yesterday, all defrosted,then browned all over before covering in streaky bacon and into a hot oven for 15 minutes. Well they were seriously underdone but extremely tender, in fact some of the most tender meat I have ever tasted, more so even than pigeon breasts flash fried as a starter on blackpudding and apple. No ill effects but will give them the same cooking time next time but without the bacon covering.

Blackpowder