Greener GP shotgun

After reading a post on here about Greener shotguns, I contacted them to see if they could give a manufacture date on my S/B GP shotgun. After a few days, they contacted me and stated that with the serial number I provided them with, they have narrowed the year down to 1956. I'm pleased with this information, and my thanks go to the Greener family.

First shotgun I ever shot when I was about 12

40 years later I own 4 a multi choke with all chokes a 36 inch goose gun a 28 inch mk1 and a 28 inch mk2

I also had a South African police issue but as it was 11 bore and needed braised cased ammo I could not use it so I sold it

Love collecting them and using them

Chairman

Love my GP MKII - it was my uncle's (long dead now) but he's with me everytime I take it into the field. Takes me right back to being a small boy playing with the spent paper cartridges he used to give me. Then I think of the first time he trusted me on the helm of the little boat he kept on the Thames. What are we but the sum of our experiences.........

Edited by LeadWasp

• 1 month later...

Love my GP MKII - it was my uncle's (long dead now) but he's with me everytime I take it into the field. Takes me right back to being a small boy playing with the spent paper cartridges he used to give me. Then I think of the first time he trusted me on the helm of the little boat he kept on the Thames. What are we but the sum of our experiences.........

exactly :)

I shot a few rabbits for the ferrets tonight with mine,,,a perfect walkabout gun. Every time I reload I hear a sound like a train,,,in the distance,,,just audible but getting louder !!

Velocette - can you remind me what the film is please? I may be being dense..........

Edited by LeadWasp

Oh yes - it was the 'Scotish' thing that threw me.

Stanley Baker - made some great films. I always liked 'The Hell Drivers'.

Sorry I meant you wouldn't understand being Scotish, no electricity meaning no TV but don't worry the book will get over the boarder soon! 😛 Edited by welshwarrior

Lt John Chard ( Royal Engineers ) VC is buried in the Parish church yard at Hatch Beauchamp in Somerset. There is a stained glass window in the church to commemorate him and the action at Rorkes Drift. The reason he is buried there is because his brother was the vicar. The Royal Engineers used to have a service every year ( 1960 -70's) in the church and play the last post over his grave. The church and manor house is about 1 mile from the village, I grew up in the old manor house right by the church and used to shoot over the land around it.. The service was always in the winter and it always brought goose bumps up on me when I was a kid and out in the woods pigeon shooting and you could hear the bugle call and not a soul else around.. Whew... What memories...

Lt John Chard ( Royal Engineers ) VC is buried in the Parish church yard at Hatch Beauchamp in Somerset. There is a stained glass window in the church to commemorate him and the action at Rorkes Drift. The reason he is buried there is because his brother was the vicar. The Royal Engineers used to have a service every year ( 1960 -70's) in the church and play the last post over his grave. The church and manor house is about 1 mile from the village, I grew up in the old manor house right by the church and used to shoot over the land around it.. The service was always in the winter and it always brought goose bumps up on me when I was a kid and out in the woods pigeon shooting and you could hear the bugle call and not a soul else around.. Whew... What memories...

Very interesting - thanks for posting.

Sorry I meant you wouldn't understand being Scotish, no electricity meaning no TV but don't worry the book will get over the boarder soon!

oi cheeky rapscallion! Or as one might say " yer bum's oot the windae"

Edited by LeadWasp