reloading 12 bore carts

I would leave the ones that have the Gordon's system unless you have specific data for them. I find gamebore's Velocity hulls pretty good. Whatever you do find, try and stick to just the one model and make sure they've not been sitting in water.

I find Fiocchi Fblue or Hull Superfast are good. Either way pick a hull that has a firm plastic case. Some are so flimsy that I wonder how they have the strength to hold the shot in.

Reload them a couple of times and chuck them. Some hulls can be reloaded a number of times but you need to check them, especially on the folds of the crimp. They sometimes split but can be difficult to see. Hold them against a light and you will see when they are split. Sounds like a bit of a pallarver but you soon get to know the "reloadable" life of a hull.

As has been said before, don't collect them if wet as water can get under the base wad. Not a good result.

i only use game bore velocity or pigeon as thats the main local load to use at the range, i cant take them away quick enough for the range owner as its less rubbish to spend on getting removed, i reload each one any where up to four times max and then bin them. cost savings is a mere couple of quid off new price but i am getting the use from extra range times

Hull superfast are my favourite and they are the favourite for most of the shooters at my club ground so don't have problems getting empties.

In fact just knocked up 750 this afternoon.. :good:

Hawkeye what primers are you using with the superfast?

Thanks

Cheers Hawkeye that's great as I also bought some of these from Clay & game to reload Pigeon Loads fibre 6's in Rio cases. Currently shooting clays with Superfast's so will be saving the empties. Sorted.

Some feedback from those in the know on here do reckon however that the Rio primers are a little hotter so will need to get some loads made up and proofed me thinks.

Thanks