Scotlands air guns come April

gazere

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The gun law will be implemented and no one will say a word because they are all sheep .The ruling elite are eroding your rights away bit by bit and you cant see it .It needs everyone to stand up and ******* shout out loud otherwise you can kiss your guns goodby i would hold on to my guns no matter what the law said

well said.

I'm unsure if it's true but Adolf Hitler was supposed to have penned this quote-

“The best way to take control over a people and control them utterly is to take a little of their freedom at a time, to erode rights by a thousand tiny and almost imperceptible reductions. In this way, the people will not see those rights and freedoms being removed until past the point at which these changes cannot be reversed.”

Do the powers that be have a secret agenda with aspirations of a murderous tyrant?? :hmm:

John :whistling:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/david-starkey-defends-remarks-comparing-the-snp-to-nazis-10321023.html

Definitely not. Cameron has more sense than to follow wee Jimmy Krankie. The poor old Jocks they aren't half making a mess of everything. :)

I think it would be fairer to say that just 50% of Scots are making a mess of things. Significantly less than the population of London and at 4.7% of the UK vote. Barely half of Scotland wanted the SNP and with no mandate for independence **** me aren't they making a song and dance about it all. Whilst we're at it remember when the time comes that Scottish Labour also voted for the legislation!!!

The gun law will be implemented and no one will say a word because they are all sheep .The ruling elite are eroding your rights away bit by bit and you cant see it .It needs everyone to stand up and ******* shout out loud otherwise you can kiss your guns goodby i would hold on to my guns no matter what the law said

crickey,will you really,,, then let us know how long you keep them whilst eating your porridge behind bars with the daddy, :lol::lol: :lol: :lol:

Michael, you do sometimes write things before you think

Unfortunately it's not the 'ruling elite' who are the problem - it's the unthinking voter who puts these people into power in the first place.

I'm reading the BASC Q&A on the law.

http://basc.org.uk/basc-scotland/airguns-in-scotland/airgun-licensing-in-scotland-frequently-asked-questions/

What a joke:

16. I live in England but come up to Scotland to shoot the rabbits on my uncle’s farm with my shotgun, .22 rimfire rifle and my air rifle. Can I still come to Scotland and bring my guns with me?

When the legislation is in place you will still be able to come to Scotland with your shotgun, your .22 rimfire rifle and your air rifle up to the date when your Shot Gun Certificate, or Firearm Certificate, is renewed. After this date you will need to apply for a Visitors Permit for your air rifle, but not for your shot gun or .22 rimfire rifle.

http://basc.org.uk/basc-scotland/airguns-in-scotland/airgun-licensing-in-scotland-frequently-asked-questions/

What a joke:

16. I live in England but come up to Scotland to shoot the rabbits on my uncle’s farm with my shotgun, .22 rimfire rifle and my air rifle. Can I still come to Scotland and bring my guns with me?

When the legislation is in place you will still be able to come to Scotland with your shotgun, your .22 rimfire rifle and your air rifle up to the date when your Shot Gun Certificate, or Firearm Certificate, is renewed. After this date you will need to apply for a Visitors Permit for your air rifle, but not for your shot gun or .22 rimfire rifle.

:lol: Brilliant. We must be the laughing stock of the world.

Edited by Scully

Here here!, I agree not only in this case but others too. Democracy by definition means the "power of the people". Unfortunately currently the public would rather moan in private than disagree in public. Our so called representatives are too busy lining their pockets and having meetings about meeting than actually getting amongst their constituencies (election time not included) and seeing what people want.

I am not saying for one minute that all politicians are in it for themselves, there are some that actually do the job and do it well ( can’t think of any at the mo - but sure there are ). The problem is this NIMBY mollycoddled "you can’t do that" society that we live in. Just because you have an air rifle doesn't mean you are going to hurt someone with it. Surely a better scenario would be to catch and punish the minority that are constantly messing it up for the majority. Some one walks into a shop such as Cash Con**rters and buys an air rifle to shoot their next door neighbour’s cat with because it keeps peeing up the geraniums.

There has to be a change when the voting public get up and say, no!, enough is enough, you can’t keep taking away our freedom, hobbies or money bit by bit.

Edited by Romes

This is how i see this panning out in the future.Licences will come into force and most but not all sensible airgun shooters will go and get one,idiots will carry on misusing them blasting cats or whatever and then the government says well this doesnt work at all so well just ban them all,mr policeman then tippy taps on his computer to see whos who and everyone with a ticket gets a knock on the door has his property stolen by the state.again.and still the boneheads will continue shooting cats or whatever takes their fancy.

What a joke:

This sort of things makes the Law of the land farcical. Is this actually a correct interpretation? Are the BASC doing anything about it?

Simply ludicrous!

What a joke:

What a joke:

Before I get shot down in flames! I am 100% against this stupid legislation.

However surely when the law comes into force, they then need to have something in place for visiting shooters, therefore if you want to shoot your air rifle in Scotland whilst visiting you need a permit? If me as a Scotsman needs to apply and own a license why would a visitor be any different?

As I understand it my SGC will be sufficient for me to own the air rifle legally, up to the point that the SGC expires, at that point I then need to renew my SGC for my shotguns then apply for an air rifle license separately. Off course I may have read the bill incorrectly and could be wrong! Either way if they have a licensing system in place for everyone in Scotland, clearly there will be a need for any visitor to comply?

The reason why you would not need a visitors permit for your .22RF or Shotgun is that you already have a license for each gun. Those two are covered under the UK government whilst air rifle legislation is a devolved power I believe. Simples.

Now where do I apply for my FAC as I aint paying for a bit of paper for a 12lb/ft rifle!???

If you think that bombarding the police with paperwork will make a difference to the law, think again. We have been doing this for years in the North of Ireland to no avail. Currently there is at least a 3 month backlog for processing applications, and the police/firearms licencing branch are in no rush to hurry the process up. We have to have a firearms licence for an air rifle regardless of power output. This undoubtedly has an impact on the amount of young people who get into shooting. There are just too many hoops to jump through.

This latest law change in Scotland will only prove detrimental to those who follow the law of the land. It will be an administrative nightmare, but one that the authorities will have to cope with. No amount of complaining now will change that. That boat is long gone. Just take the handgun ban for example. An absolute ludicrous injustice for the legitimate shooters, but to date there has yet to be a successful campaign to have the ban lifted.

Given the way society seems to be going at the minute (health and safety mad, red tape everywhere, fear of your own shadow, fear of not doing the right thing all the time, anxiety levels through the roof because of government knee jerk reactions etc), I really wouldn't be surprised if airgun licencing was already in the pipeline for England and Wales.

Here's another thought, once licensing is a reality will a holder have to apply for each calibre they hold or want to hold. Lots of air gunners already have 0.22 & 0.177 add to that the lesser amount who have 0.25 0.20 etc. Could go further and say separate slots for springers, PCP's, BB's and so on. Will like for like variations be required? Really pretty much the same as that which now happens for FAC but on a much much larger scale. What an administrive nightmare.

I said on a post elsewhere something to the effect of "months if not years to issue tickets" if the above is a possibility make that decades.

Edit = typo

Edited by Sha Bu Le

Well, I suggest that - for a start - all 33,000 members of PW might consider a quick trip to Scotland with their air rifles (existent or not) soon after the legislation comes in to force. See if we can't get 33,000 visitor's permits issued nice and quickly... Of course, we don't actually have to go to Scotland, but it's important to have the paperwork in place in case we might want to...

Here's another thought, once licensing is a reality will a holder have to apply for each calibre they hold or want to hold. Lots of air gunners already have 0.22 & 0.177 add to that the lesser amount who have 0.25 0.20 etc. Could go further and say separate slots for springers, PCP's, BB's and so on. Will like for like variations be required? Really pretty much the same as that which now happens for FAC but on a much much larger scale. What an administrive nightmare.

I said on a post elsewhere something to the effect of "months if not years to issue tickets" if the above is a possibility make that decades.

Edit = typo

Jeeez!!

Hope it never does come to England, I have 137 guns in .175/.177/.20 and .22 :unhappy: I think they would have to go as I don't think I would be able to afford to licence them all :oops:

John...

Jeeez!!

Hope it never does come to England, I have 137 guns in .175/.177/.20 and .22 :unhappy: I think they would have to go as I don't think I would be able to afford to licence them all :oops:

John...

Jeepers,

How on earth do you have / need so many?

Roman