Afternoon on the wood pigeons !

mpk

Nice video , nice dog too.

I see several videos on here yours included where the shooter has the hide poles higher than the top of the net , meaning they have to do a quick " up and over" interrupting their natural swing , clearly illustrated at 2.04 ish on your video .

Life is made much easier if you have the top of the net and top of the poles level with each other :good:

Nice video , nice dog too.

I see several videos on here yours included where the shooter has the hide poles higher than the top of the net , meaning they have to do a quick " up and over" interrupting their natural swing , clearly illustrated at 2.04 ish on your video .

Life is made much easier if you have the top of the net and top of the poles level with each other :good:

There's actually a lot of swearing right after that shot because I hadn't bothered to drop them, then I start to call my self lazy for not standing up Hahahah cut those bits out.

But you are right, totally in the way !!! Makes for some interesting shots though :lol:

Some good shooting and its always nice to see some dog work, he was really enjoying himself. :good:

Can't fault him really, they are all pretty close retrieves wise but good to start getting him back into the swing of it for when the real hardcore stuff starts on the 1st :good:

Thanks for all your comments too :good:

I noticed some pigeons flared off didn't you have a face veil on ?

I did yes but had shorts on and reckon the whites of my legs may have caused them to flair. Also the camera is on the side of my head and has some bright yellow bits too which may have caused it.

Edited by mpk

Is your gun a Supernova? Its got a very fast action! I'm seriously considering getting a Winchester SXP and its fast action is one of the points I like.

It was quite stiff at first but after loads of use its loosend a little. It is a supernova but does not have a fast action like the sxp does. On firing the sxp the slide moves back a bit which is what they call the "fast action" giving you less of a stroke to perform.

The supernova doesn't do this. I didn't like the sxp much as it was quite short in the stock.

I did yes but had shorts on and reckon the whites of my legs may have caused them to flair. Also the camera is on the side of my head and has some bright yellow bits too which may have caused it.

I would have thought that both those things would be highly unlikely to make the birds flare off.