Sabots

I was wondering if anyone has used these and found them effective, because in theory they could be very good for 30 calibre weapons, but I have never found anyone who got decent results from them,

Also does any manufacturer factory load them?

Cheers David

The latest type of plastic used is a lot superior to the earlier composition and doesn't foul the barrel in anything like the same way. This results in considerable better accuracy and faster velocity, usually in excess of 4000fps and up to 5000fps - Now that is fast.

I bought a lot lats year - far more than I will ever need - so am selling some off at cost £6.50 plus P&P per 100 if you want to try some.

see this site - 3/4 down the page

http://www.peterlawman.co.uk/reloading.php

for details and the retail prices !

I also have full loading tables for a selection of calibres.

The latest type of plastic used is a lot superior to the earlier composition and doesn't foul the barrel in anything like the same way. This results in considerable better accuracy and faster velocity, usually in excess of 4000fps and up to 5000fps - Now that is fast.

I bought a lot lats year - far more than I will ever need - so am selling some off at cost £6.50 plus P&P per 100 if you want to try some.

see this site - 3/4 down the page

http://www.peterlawman.co.uk/reloading.php

for details and the retail prices !

I also have full loading tables for a selection of calibres.

Dont these have to be written onto a certificate? doubt you can just post them off to someone :)

Accuracy is dependent on brass, powder bullet and primer and as with all ammo but you should easily get less than 2" groups and with care get down to 1" .

There are no restrictions for posting or giving or receiving. They are after all just little plastic cups. You supply your own bullets.

• 1 month later...

I got some and some .223 fmj bullets off fleabay,

Set them up with modified case etc etc, best results was 10 thou off the lans and 59 grains of v v 140 (30-06) got 4inch group at 100 yards. Took me half a tub of powder to get that good.

.22 rimfire is a lot more accurate.

It will drive em quick though with hardly any recoil, pity they could'nt make em more accurate or easier to load.instead of trial and error, nosler balistic tips are still the best.